Sync system software version, pairing 2 phones | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync system software version, pairing 2 phones

TBill

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Prescott, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
1)Had the 2014 Limited in for an oil change yesterday and asked that the software version on Sync be updated to the most current one. When I go to the system information it is showing version 4.32.14122, is this the most curent version?

When pairing 2 different iPhones only one stays paired, it this normal? One is designated "favorite". When I chose the connect the second one the first one disconnects from Bluetooth.

Thanks,

TB

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I chose the connect the second one the first one disconnects from Bluetooth. Thanks, TB
You can pair multiple phones, but only one can be connected at one time. This is typical with most systems.

You can pair multiple phones, but only one can be connected at one time. This is typical with most systems.

Actually you can have 2 connected at one time, one for phone features and one for audio features.

1)Had the 2014 Limited in for an oil change yesterday and asked that the software version on Sync be updated to the most current one. When I go to the system information it is showing version 4.32.14122, is this the most curent version?

When pairing 2 different iPhones only one stays paired, it this normal. One is designated "favorite". When I chose the connect the second one the first one disconnects from Bluetooth.

Thanks,

TB

Hey TBill,

Your CCPU version indicates that V3.7 has been installed. That means you're running the latest software for your vehicle.

Although multiple phones can be paired to MyFord Touch, the system can only make and receive calls using one phone at a time.

If both phones enter the vehicle at the same time, the MyFord Touch system will attempt to connect to the favorite phone first. If you want to switch to the second phone, press the 2 gears, then SETTINGS, then PHONE, then BLUETOOTH DEVICES. Select the phone and press CONNECT. You won't need to go through the pairing process again.

Kim

2 Phones, Sync software

Thank all of you for the responses, this confirms what I suspected.
Happy New Year to all!

TB:thumbsup:

Kim,

Just a quick update, been running the newest software on the 2014 Limited, everything working fine, phone pairs quicker, a few new enhancements. All good.
TBill

Back