Taillight Tint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LakersCentral

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I've undertaken some various vinyl wrapping / tinting projects, and one of the hardest parts is getting precise cutouts / cutlines. The only way to do it properly involves a decent amount of graphics work, and finding a shop with expensive machines to cut it. Furthermore, the initial setup fees push the overall cost way too high for an individual run.

So... I'm playing with the idea of selling precision cut layovers, if there's enough interest to make it worth it. I haven't worked out any numbers / pricing yet, but leave a comment if you're interested!

[Other Related Projects]

[Taillight Tint] (combined with a red LED, this looks very nice)

Attachments

• taillight_tint.jpg
    taillight_tint.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 707
  • taillight_tint_L.jpg
    taillight_tint_L.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 700
  • taillight_tint_R.jpg
    taillight_tint_R.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 712

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've seen the LaminX films, but feel they are overpriced. I'm also looking to design layovers in different shapes & shades from what I've seen out there (the clear-only portion of the Ex taillight as shown above being one example).

And yes... it is a lot of work- FOR ME! For anyone purchasing these from me, it would be as easy as the LaminX (or any other tint) to apply.

[MENTION=256846]SurrealOne[/MENTION] I've actually looked into personalized license plates, and calculated the 10 year cost at nearly $400! There's other mods way more important to me for that kind of money! ;)

I've seen the LaminX films, but feel they are overpriced. I'm also looking to design layovers in different shapes & shades from what I've seen out there (the clear-only portion of the Ex taillight as shown above being one example).

And yes... it is a lot of work- FOR ME! For anyone purchasing these from me, it would be as easy as the LaminX (or any other tint) to apply.

[MENTION=256846]SurrealOne[/MENTION] I've actually looked into personalized license plates, and calculated the 10 year cost at nearly $400! There's other mods way more important to me for that kind of money! ;)

It's not personalized plates it's just a re-release of the legacy black color classic plates. $50 is all. IMHO I think the black on black will look clean also the black and white combo will look great as well. But to each his or her own.

Like the Sport badge on the left rear window,new school- the Lakers on the right rear is old, old school.

haha. my boys always find a way to become relevant again tho. hopefully 2016 when Durant comes westward ;.)

I used Knightshades on my Taillights , three coats. They look awesome blacked out. Get lots of compliments on them.

Back