Torque Monster header availability teaser... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque Monster header availability teaser...

PowerFiend

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer
I was able to get in touch with Bob and get an alternate contact for the headers. He is out of the country for the next year or two the way it sounded.

The alternate contact should be getting a batch of the headers back from plating within the next couple days. They sounded like they will have both old non-egr, and egr sets coming in, and mentioned that they may be doing custom fit headers for Rangers??? I will share information and pics as soon as I have an egr set in hand...should be quick since I'm only about 2hrs away.

Bribes accepted through paypal, or you can wait till this time next week for the contact information. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Me too!

:eek:Yes I`ve been dealing them for a couple months now,Erica at al`sheaders right?Sent in my $ a while ago and she says she`ll have them at 6:00pm today and send mine out Monday,just was waiting until I got them to post a thread but I guess I`ll just steal yours!HA!HA!You are luckier though, I live in Ct. which is just about as far from them(and you) as one can get in the continental USofA.
To me it`s a big improvement as you have someone who`s there during the day in a business,not calling after hours hoping Bob calls back.And I guess they made them all along so it`s the same great headers.Any header with htc coating cost over $600 so to get them made for such a small bunch of people as us, the price is right.We are`nt exactly asking them to mass produce them and Bob still gets our gratitude for asking to have them made in the first place.Google al`s if you want they also make vw and chevy headers(don`t hate now!) and check them out.Hope I did`nt lose anyone with too long a post,some folks find they can`t keep up.greg:D

Mine will be shipping out Monday as well! :)

Yes, Erica at Al's Headers has been very responsive. Email is quickest:

Erica @ Al's Headers
e-mail: alsheaders@att.net
ph:714-630-1833
fx:714-630-6531

Mine won't ship till Tuesday or Wednesday, since they needed to make me a longer EGR tube for my manifold spacer. I should still see them this week though.

How big of a run did they do? I had to spend some money on other things, so I can't afford to make an order for another month at least.

How big of a run did they do? I had to spend some money on other things, so I can't afford to make an order for another month at least.

I didn't get numbers, your best bet is to contact Erica.

I think the are making them to order. I know my set is in one stage of production still while merbs has already shipped and I'm not sure about power's. Just my educated guess but I could easily be wrong because I don't know of any other orders not on this thread.

I`m a 51 year old kid in a candy store!

Had trouble sleeping last night!STUPID HUH?Mine went out tonight,paid another 150 to overnight them(sh!!!!don`t tell my wife!)nah she knows how nuts I am.A saint,she is.Have yet to drive the ex.My original 5.0 rotted out
(too much Me. and Vt. will do that)so I got an xlt,same year,junked 4.0 sohcc,4r44,and transfer case,put in the awd gear with the 5.0,looked those stupid POS welded ford exhaust manifolds that I could barely put the tip of my thumb in 2 ports and said I cannot put them back on.Started calling Bob back in May and emailing,nothing till he finally referred me to Erica-drove her nuts till tonight,they are coming!!!No more insured registered ex sitting there.Been so disgusted I need to put the rest of the parts in,limited slip rear, and a 4406 I am getting from a fellow forum guy,even some other seats I have,same color leather.Tomorrow I finish putting the ragtop on the 66 galaxie 7 litre car and pull the ex in and put her on the lift and finish it!If we did`nt have other vehicles,bikes, I`d have had to put the pos ones back but thank God I never had to.Ford really screwed the pooch on them.Typical Ford really,always neglecting the back end of the motor,great heads,intake,throttle bodies,junk exhausts almost every year.And the ones that have big valves on the intake side always go small on the exhausts,that is why most good Ford cams are bigger in both lift and duration on the back side.They like to stuff those cylinders and neglect the outputs,why?ASK THEM!NO ONE ELSE knows!Take care guys.Wish me luck sleeping.;)

Another contact + responses & decently fast turnaround times = game changer...

Awesome news!

You nailed it,Mr.Dirt!

;)Just got `em!All shiny and new like a New Silver coin.Too bad it rained so I could`nt finish the ragtop and can`t take it out(you need to do these in the sun so the plastic stretches right), as soon as I do it`ll pour for sure,so it`s gonna be nice tomorrow and they go on.No matter what!
CAN`T WAIT!:eek:

Pics!!

3 reasons.
1: The 5.0 manifold is poorly designed and prone to cracking.
2: The experiences of other explorer owners who have installed these headers seem to agree with the data on this page http://www.torquemonsterheaders.com/home.html
3: They are ceramic coated, which not only keeps your engine bay cooler, but makes them shiny and nice to look at.

As to your other question, dyno graphs are available on that page.

right as rain

Because the Ford welded manifolds are so poorly designed,worse than the crack-prone cast ones as far as flow,that if you remove them and look in side,like I did you will be shocked, as I was.Passenger side is 3 tubes crammed into one small pipe,other side is 2 in 1,in other words two sets of single pipes flow two cylinders,the front two come out and on their way back pick up the back cylinders exhausts,while they obviously don`t all fire at once,
they are so narrow and restrictive that they are junk.That is the really bad side,the driver`s one with the latter setup-I could barely fit my thumb tip into the ports,worst I ever saw,these are practically mo-ped pipes.5.0s are great motors,Ford has been making the line for decades,from the 221 on up.
Now they made the 5.0 legendary in the 90s mustangs,like the 350 chevy.
Then they went to overheadcam motors and dropped the ohv5.0s,had a bunch around and decided since gas was cheap and they are near unbreakable
(I`ve had oil pumps break on them and drove them home and around for a day,when I was 17,and after I finally accepted that the oil pump was not working,pulled it apart and found that the oil pump driveshaft had broken from a valve seal flowing back into the pump and jamming it,till the shaft broke,put in a new shaft and drove it untill I bought a 428 cobrajet package and stuck it in!Gobs of power but 2 mpg sucked,even at under a dollar a gallon!)so why not?Only problem was they neglected(once again)the exhaust flow,when they put the engine in and found out the newly designed frame rails were so narrow,and the ac tower stuck out into the way,they just pieced together some junk that`d work,figuring that they`d put the new ohc motors in soon anyway.Then gas skyrocketed and we are back to 1973,only thing missing was even-odd days when you could buy gas,and all of a sudden people wanted mpg again.Shazzam.Sorry if I babbled too long in this reply,
I`m a talker(no kidding,huh?)!

When can i/anyone purchase these headers?!?!

Look at post #4?

Awesome, so everyone is supposed to e-mail this person to find out the same question?

They're taking orders right now as far as I know.

..I go by that place regular..

..Are these TM headers or are they built the same at a lower price?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back