• Register Today It's free!

torque monster header owners ???

sgmtino

Reaction score
City, State
benton , ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 awd xlt
I'm thinking of buying some of these headers and was wanting some feedback from owners any dyno results also do the headers perform like the company claims fuel mieage ,torque and horsepower also any issues with installation and would you recommend the spark plug heatshields thank in advance for the info

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you need the spark plug heat shields yes, howeveryour 5.0L likely already has them so its just whether or not you want to buy the stainless ones.
I also purchased some plug wire booties at a local speed shop tp protect the wires.

the headers are worth every penny, robert posted dyno sheets of what the headers can do, there is no denying the performance you gain with them.

I love mine, I could not be happier, they are HIGH QUALITY headers and remove the single most restrictive part of your engine.

Torque Monster Headers, owner comments...

V8 Boat Builder has a thread on the installation of Torque Monster Headers and initial impressions on the differences between stock manifolds and the new Headers:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129083

Also, GTA357 has his own site/thread on CarDomain at:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/584899

Read pages 1 & 8 for Torque Monster Headers.

All the Best,

Bob Pasquale
Tech Performance & Engineering
Torque Monster Headers

sgmtino said:
I'm thinking of buying some of these headers and was wanting some feedback from owners any dyno results also do the headers perform like the company claims fuel mieage ,torque and horsepower also any issues with installation and would you recommend the spark plug heatshields thank in advance for the info

Did you pull the trigger on these TMHeaders yet?

to boggl no not yet will probably be mid july going on vacation next week how does the 3" dynomax sound any highway drone with the muffler any loss in lowend power what do you think of the headers

sgmtino said:
to boggl no not yet will probably be mid july going on vacation next week how does the 3" dynomax sound any highway drone with the muffler any loss in lowend power what do you think of the headers
Hi,
You will be very pleased. Ready for some summer cruizin'
The dynomax has a sweet throaty sound that kicks in around 2100rpm and starts back up around 4-5000rpm. The way the pipe was built I have no droning at freeway speeds. The headers have added an authoritive sound to the entire exhaust run. I'm still stoked about the install and smile at every start-up. I'm getting itchy on a eaton blower.. More overtime before school starts again.

Thanks for the link Bob!

boggl notice any torque loss with the 3 ' muffler also do you know the part number for the dynomax thanks

Back