Torque Monster Headers are awesome | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque Monster Headers are awesome

V8BOOST

Reaction score
City, State
Sylmar, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer
Hi Guys, The racing shop my explorer is at just finished installing the Torque Monster headers, they are awesome, they look real nice and sound amazing, can't really measure the performance from before and after because i have a new engine, but im sure it would have been a big difference from stock.

Ill get a video posted soon.

Thanks to Bob for this great product, I am very satisfied I couldn't imagine how my explorer would be able to breath with the stock manifolds. :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are

the gains over stock in a 2001 Explorer was almost 28 HP at the wheels, Robert did dyno runs for the CARB certification

It couldnt breathe very well through the 3 into 1 port design the size of a pinky! The TM headers are the FIRST MOD any 5.0L Explorer should do IMO

Worth every penny! Nice job, now lets see some pics!

Drool. Only a month and a bit to go for mine. They're sitting in a box in Kansas just waiting for the big day! :D

ill post some pics, im going to go to the shop they are still working on my explorer :)

drool on your cars the Colorado Powerball is like 220 Million so there is still a chance I can havs

I couldn't really take pics on the engine because they were working on it, but i took some pics
IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

got some vids, not tuned yet, so its just on idle,

dude you gotta badass s14. KA or SR?

How much did all this cost ya? Very nice by the way. I absolutely Looove the sound!

Nice--Sounds Great--How I miss a V8

How much did all this cost ya? Very nice by the way. I absolutely Looove the sound!

Thanks, it kinda sound like a drag car, its kinda funny cause people dont expect an explorer sounding like that. o it was about 10k, fun project

are the TMH only for v8 or can i get a set for my v6?

are the TMH only for v8 or can i get a set for my v6?

It's an exclusive club and I'm finally part of that club. They live up to the hype. V8 only. :)

Supposedly the manifold on the SOHC V6 is more than adequate and headers wouldn't do much for you anyhow. Not sure about the OHV.

=[

i was addicted to your forum about your adventure to get them installed all day yesterday at work. very good :thumbsup:
i wish i could join the TMH club, but at least i have the SOHC so maybe not as bad :dunno:
still got to fix the tranny before i can get the things i want

=[

i was addicted to your forum about your adventure to get them installed all day yesterday at work. very good :thumbsup:
i wish i could join the TMH club, but at least i have the SOHC so maybe not as bad :dunno:
still got to fix the tranny before i can get the things i want

I drove two SOHC equipped Exploders before I went V8. The SOHC is no slouch.

Yeah, the headers are fun. Most noticeable mod I've ever done by far on any of my 4 Explorers (but I didn't really get into modding until the 3rd one). Remember that the exhaust manifolds on the V8 are VERY restrictive and poorly designed, hence you have nowhere to go but up by getting TMH. That's not the case with your engine.

holy lord!! are u serious $689 .. thats insane !! isnt there anywhere cheaper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

holy lord!! are u serious $689 .. thats insane !! isnt there anywhere cheaper?

Just choke it up and get them, cause the answer is no. These are vehicle specific, and no other header produced will come close to working.

Gotta pay to play.:thumbsup:

Back