TRUCKHAVEN 2004!!! Jan 17-18 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TRUCKHAVEN 2004!!! Jan 17-18

Anyone showing up early? We're hoping to get out there Thursday around noon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Jefe
I'll be there Thursday night, ready for a midnight run :D

I'll hopefully be sleeping at midnight;)

So how did the Superstition run go?

Originally posted by Rick
Anyone showing up early? We're hoping to get out there Thursday around noon.

I'll be there sometime on thursday.. Not 100% sure yet.

Oh, even with the truckbed load of wood, please bring wood! It can get cold there, and wood is the only real source of heat.

Originally posted by tdavis

Oh, even with the truckbed load of wood, please bring wood! It can get cold there, and wood is the only real source of heat.

Except our propane heaters in the campers!!

I hope no one will be offended, but I will be staying at the Salton City Spa and RV Park. I want to keep Laurie as comfortable as possible, so hookups for the camper are a must. (pregnant). Not too delicate though that she can't go wheeling. We went today, and she even drove a little. She seemed to have fun!!
Can't wait to get to Cali! We will be leaving on Friday. Leaving Tucson around Noon, getting the camper at my dad's in Gilbert, then heading to T-haven.

Later,

Andy

Hookups

Blaine, I have a tent trailer and there is really no difference between being hooked up to power and running on batteries. The heater, fridge, water pump and lights all run on battery power and/or propane when not hooked up. The battery on mine has never run down on extended weekends, with my wife running the heater all night long and watching movies on our portable DVD player. No one minds if you camp in town, I just feel you will miss one of the best parts of camping out with this crowd, the campfire highjinks and the night runs.

Everyone who can, bring lots of firewood.....MORE BTU'S!!

I will be out sometime on Friday after Sarah gets out of school. I might get too fired up to wait and pull her out early.

Rick, those plaques are great! Do I still have time to reserve one??

Water is the main thing. Otherwise, yeah we probably wouldnt need hookups.

thanks though. If we find out we don't need hookups, we will probably head over to the Group Site.

Re: Hookups

Originally posted by BKennedy

Rick, those plaques are great! Do I still have time to reserve one??

Brian, I'll have extra. I ordered 25. That was the mimimum order.

We'll check it out at the Explorer campsite. If we can manage to bring enough water with us, we will probably just stay at the group site.

Oh yeah, my dad is selling his popup camper, so If anyone is looking for one, maybe you can get his. (after we use it for the weekend).

My trailer has nearly 30 gallons of water, which is more than most pop-up trailers. When my wife comes along, I need to bring a few 5 gallon containers of extra water cause she hasn't figured out how to conserve. But mine also has a shower, which uses a lot of water.

WOW! I still do the bring a grill and a tent "primitive" camping!!! I need a pop up......

WOW! I still do the bring a grill and a tent "primitive" camping!!! I need a pop up......

I here ya! I'm think'n of sleeping in the truck I think it will be warmer then a tent.:rolleyes:

Jefe ...
I'll be heading down there late thursday night if you take friday off and want to join me.

I got friday off, so lets come up with a plan to head down thursday night.;)

HOPEFULLY I will not be driving out alone since I have never been there before (Heck I have never been anywhere out here before) but I will be coming Friday night after work.......

so save a spot for my tent!!!

:)

OKay edit:

Spoke with Bill (RangerX) and it looks like I will be following him out there Friday night after work. Now if I can figure out how to use this new GPS I got for X mas in time!!!

Thanks for the info on the pop up, but I cannot tow a boat and a pop up at the same time, and since most the camping I do is boat related, I wont be buying one anytime soon!!!

Originally posted by 410Fortune

My dad is selling his. It is the one I am bringing. Maybe you will want to buy it!!

It only has like a 10 gallon tank and a shower/toilet in it. We will probably bring another 10 gallons or so, just to be safe. It also has the water heater which usually holds another 6 gallons. I guess I can always refill.

I wouldn't worry about running out, the store in town a couple miles away has bottled water and I believe they have one of those coin operated deals where you can fill up a jug.;)

Originally posted by 410Fortune
WOW! I still do the bring a grill and a tent "primitive" camping!!!

Tent?! shoot man...its all about the front seat:D

Looks like I will be heading out Friday night. As I have to work all day Friday, but I get monday off work.:)

I am not sure if my wife will be joining as she is sick at this time. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. If she is sick then she can stay home with the dog. If she feels well enough to join us then the dog will join us also.

At any rate I am getting all my stuff prepared for the run.

Originally posted by Jefe
I'll be there Thursday night, ready for a midnight run :D

Ditto. . . . .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't wait to meet all you "District of Schwarzenegger" guys.
Should be great!!

Back