Upgrades for 4.6 V8 XLT 2003. | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgrades for 4.6 V8 XLT 2003.

has anyone played with these eibach anti-roll sway bar kits yet? im just wondering how the hell they get them to work on the AWIS systems...will my wheels no longer to travel independently? How much of an improvement can i expect?

IMO, i'd only invest in those if you're lifted as your center of gravity is higher. Although it might make turning a bit nicer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

has anyone tried the hi-clone ($175.00) or equivelants, what about the pulstar plugs, they are getting some nice gains in brisbane, they cost $29.95 each

Can you use a blower off of a 2003/2004 Cobra? You can always find those for sale on ebay. I know there is a difference between the cobra's 4 valves and our 2 valves but would that matter? Shouldnt it work for you?

Can you use a blower off of a 2003/2004 Cobra? You can always find those for sale on ebay. I know there is a difference between the cobra's 4 valves and our 2 valves but would that matter? Shouldnt it work for you?

yes, it's just an Eaton M90.

hmm

check the "more details" out, its down by where the price is. says its for a 4.6 SOHC in there.

and no, it would not be very cost effective to use a cobra blower, as because they are a 4v dohc, and the explorer is a 2v sohc, they have totaly different heads, and totaly different manifold designs. if you wanted to drop a set of cobra heads onto your engine, do all the steps that go with that, and then do a cobra style supercharger, you could...but it would probably end up costing you just as much if not more than just getting a saleen kit...and you wouldnt get as much power out of it for that matter.

check the "more details" out, its down by where the price is. says its for a 4.6 SOHC in there.

and no, it would not be very cost effective to use a cobra blower, as because they are a 4v dohc, and the explorer is a 2v sohc, they have totaly different heads, and totaly different manifold designs. if you wanted to drop a set of cobra heads onto your engine, do all the steps that go with that, and then do a cobra style supercharger, you could...but it would probably end up costing you just as much if not more than just getting a saleen kit...and you wouldnt get as much power out of it for that matter.

That's not true. The Allen SC kit that was available for the Ex uses the Eaton M90....

yes, it's just an Eaton M90.

What the hell are you talking about??? No it will not work. It is also not an Eaton M90 either. The 03/04 Cobra blower is an M112 Eaton and has a totally different design intake manifold. Not even close to that of a 2V 4.6. If you are going to guess at an answer just leave it alone for the next guy to take care of. :nono: Remember that by giving advice you are trying to help people here, not steer them totally off course.

What the hell are you talking about??? No it will not work. It is also not an Eaton M90 either. The 03/04 Cobra blower is an M112 Eaton and has a totally different design intake manifold. Not even close to that of a 2V 4.6. If you are going to guess at an answer just leave it alone for the next guy to take care of. :nono: Remember that by giving advice you are trying to help people here, not steer them totally off course.

my bad, i just re-read my post....see what happens when u post at work, you don't think :p:

Not an explorer but heres what my 4.6 is being attached too
DSC00780.jpg

uhhh lol thats a LOT of boost ^.^

not reall yalot of boost only 8-9 psi is what the gates are set for. Its just a stock PI motor. The turbochargers have tiny housings which will if my caluclations are correct spool very quickly. I already had been pushing 8 psi thru the motor but that was with a tiny ineffecient turbo. Someday iwill be able to drop in a forged shortblock and a built 4R70W. I already have stage 2 cams laying around that i took out of my old 4.6. then im also planning to possibly bolt on top of that a edelbrock victor jr intake with an build an adapter to bolt the oem elbow/TB to the edelbrock

arg

anybody know about any shift kits / tranny kits for the 5r55e?

any updates?

um, in terms of supercharger? or? I am running full bolt ons minus my coil packs and can rocket to 60 in about 6.6 seconds. Future plans with money allows is a 5.4L (forged pistons + rods + crank, and an 11:1 comp ratio)with trick flow heads, crower SUV cams, eventualy a small turbo, fuel and maf upgrades to go along with all this, and a built level 10 5r55w transmission. should be street driveable at 350-400 rwhp and drag strip tuneable to about 600. im aiming a little longer down the road as with some more age ive become less "spontanious" with my money.

um, in terms of supercharger? or? I am running full bolt ons minus my coil packs and can rocket to 60 in about 6.6 seconds. Future plans with money allows is a 5.4L (forged pistons + rods + crank, and an 11:1 comp ratio)with trick flow heads, crower SUV cams, eventualy a small turbo, fuel and maf upgrades to go along with all this, and a built level 10 5r55w transmission. should be street driveable at 350-400 rwhp and drag strip tuneable to about 600. im aiming a little longer down the road as with some more age ive become less "spontanious" with my money.

thats really nice

Damn zero! Those are some real great plans! :thumbsup: And for the engine which 5.4L; 2V, 3V, or 4V?

2v for simplicity of installation, though id give my left foot (who needs that to drive anyways? =P) for a GT-500 5.4 4v anyday. I will deffinately do a thread when it comes time to do this, right now im trying to put myself through college while working a full time job, im thankfull that i have enough money to play around with it like i am anyways.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You thought of getting a 4.6L 3V from the 05-11 mustangs or 06-10 explorers? 300 HP and plenty of mustang parts for it

Back