• Total voters

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
Nice and easy, which brand of tires are you currently running on your truck. This topic has been talked about several times before so lets go ahead and get the real numbers.

Let the fight begin.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you guys know if they are still giving those stickers away? I keep emailing them and haven't received any stickers yet nor have I heard from them either.

hey thanks leebo for the poll. what a pal!

yeah, mickey thompsons are loosing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, where's Michelin? Oh well, guess I'll dump myself in the "Other" category.

We didn't even need this poll. We all know Bfg is the best. haha. lata

Bridgestone and Firestone should remain separate they are separate brands . If not then Michelin and BFGoodrich should be on the same line as well.

I have Kelly-Springfield Safari AWR. Since there isn't a choice, I picked "Other".

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Kelly a smaller division/offbranch of good year?
Pete

Originally posted by RFR2212
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Kelly a smaller division/offbranch of good year?
Pete

I don't know. I have no knowlege of tire brands and it came with the truck when I bought it so...

I know it's not fair to campaign, but my Scorpions have been nothing less than amazing. In Colorado I face, sand, mud, ice, snow, wet and dry rocks, and wet and dry asphalt and these babies grip everything! I've never aired down on the trail and I've never been stuck due to bad traction. (I HAVE been stuck, but it was not the tires fault. I blame ... uh ... the spotter. ;) )

Got them Canadian Firestones with the new truck. Couldn't pursuade Ford to swap 'em for the Goodyears though. My '92 has Dunlops, and they are great in the mud but lousy in the snow. Next time I buy, I think I'll go Goodrich...

brian, when i emailed them for stickers, they sent me a catalog with prices for the stickers. i don't think they are sending anymore freebies.

I got my stickers by telling them in an e-mail that I had e-mailed many other companies and the first to send me decals would be the brand of tire I bought. I got a $H!Tload of decals from BFG and Michelin.

BFG is winning hands down!

John can you bring an extra one to GWNF with you. If you don't mind. lata man.

BTW. did you get my e-mail?

Can we have a poll on how many polls there are.

I had to put GoodYears.
Thats whats on my Truck I wanted BFG's. Thats what you get for letting someone else Get you Tires.

No BFG for me

I have Big O Big Foot AT tires, so I voted for "other". BTW, anyone here ever heard the rumor that tireshops won't install BFG's on Explorers because of suspension issues? I was told by several stores that they couldn't put BFG KO's on my X because the suspension wouldn't allow them to align it properly. Unfortunately, I was a novice to this site (last Aug. during the big Deathstone scare) and decided to go with the Big O's because of their excellent warranty. They have been great so far, but I've only done a little offroading on them. Once the X gets a little older, it will get a lift and some nice BFG KO's.

not align properly? what's that got to do with alignment? man, some people. They tell you anything and you believe them..... oh, well, I've been that road before.
Good Year for another couple of days and then Kelly's baby!!

I voted Firestone but not by choice. I just bought the truck and it still has the OEM 16" Wilderness Tires. I would get BFGs but I can't justify the cost untill my Firestones are near bald. The BFG AT KOs are $150 a tire for my size!! Are they really worth the extra $50 per tire over something like a Pirelli or Bridgestone?

On my 92 I had BFG Long Trails and Bridgestone Dueler ATs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the poll may need some rethinking.
A good agrument could be made that statistically invalidates the study by NOT reporting separately, the "tire brand by wheel" and conducting a separate poll for "the manufactured brand of the spare." The spare alone could inject a +- 20% reporting error in the results. I think you will agree, a potential variance anywhere near these levels would be totally unacceptable .

Also, "what tires do you think you have" (without looking) might be another poll that could prove illuminating.

For now, I'll report mine under the "full discloure method"

97 XLT SOHC
LF Michelin
RF Michelin
LR Michelin
RR Michelin
Spare - I haven't checked it recently, if someone didn't steal it - Michelin

94 XLT
LF Firestone
RF Firestone
LR Firestone
RR Firestone
Spare - Firestone (similair conditions may exist as indicated above. See: 97 SOHC; Item 5; Spare
(tried a little "shop manual flare" on the last one)

You guys/gals are all great and I love this place, but can we stop with the surveys. Really!

Survey says:
.... "we have 10 of these.... and 15 of these... but some are offroad and had flats so we deducted 3... and 2833 did not respond but its all reflected in the following chart.

What's the point?
(said IgotTwo without malice or criticism toward anyone, only trying to prove a point)

Back