Which brand of tires do you run | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which brand of tires do you run

Which brand of tires are you running

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 226 27.6%
  • Interco

Votes: 27 3.3%
  • Mickey Thompson

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • GoodYear

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • Pro Comp

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Firestone

Votes: 33 4.0%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 52 6.3%
  • Michelin

Votes: 116 14.1%
  • Pirelli Scorpion

Votes: 45 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 154 18.8%

• Total voters
Yokohamha Geolander M/T 315-75-16 (35-12.5-16)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just switched to Bridgestone Dueler M/Ts 31X10.5-15, much better than the Yoko's in everything

I am running Yokohama Geolander AT+II tires atm. They have around 25K miles on them and are about half or 2/3 worn. Seem to be really good tires as they have made several Big Bear, Truck Haven, Los Coyotes and local runs.

I also have a BFG all-terain for a spare. Also, have four 35x12.5-15 Pro Comp X-terains for after I get the SAS finished.

I have michilens

i have a generic set of ATs made my Bridgestone/Firestone/Dayton Tire

liberator at's. 1 week old, highly recommended.

Cooper Discoverer A/T Nice ride and handling. Used them on my 1-ton with gross wt over 20,000lbs 95% of the time and put 75,000 mi on first set. They put Michelin and Firestone to shame, neither made it to 50k. Amazingly the Firestones were trouble free, but the Michelins I couldn't wait to get rid of. I just put a set on the ex.

I LOVE MY PRO COMP MUD's
32x11.5x15

Goodyear MT/R's,33/12.5's and they are great, I love them so far! :bounce:

katie, nice ride! Currently i have bfg's long trails, i drive up and down I 95 alot, or used to, so the stupid good year rts (pos) that came on stock are sitting under my parents house till i sell those things, the miliage and ride is much better so far but on a 97 mazda b2300 i just bought, i have bfg's all terrains and those are pretty good, might have to put those on the X next time !!

Cooper Discoverer S/T

Just as agressive as the AT KOs, quite a bit less expensive, nearly as good road manners as the Wrangler RTS and amazing traction on pavement, dirt, light mud, and rain. No snow time yet though, will find out in Peoria this winter :D

See :D

Attachments

• Discoverer ST.jpg
    Discoverer ST.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 600

I have the Super Swamper Truxus MT's. They grip well in mud and on wet pavement due to the siping. And are suprisingly quiet on the road and are a true 35".

5858IM000036.jpg

I am running on some Coopers but I definently need to replace them soon.

nnorton44 said:
My tires are Uniroyal Laredo. OMG these tires suck! My Explorer was my mom's shortly ago so of course she gets some ****ty tires. God knows how many times I have spun out, fish tailed, etc.

Sounds like you drive just a little different than your Mom does. LOL!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had bfg mt when i first voted which i loved but now i have procomp xterrains... which i'm not impressed with at all.

Back