Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Ok sense one of my coils is no good, I need to get some new one :rolleyes: So what to get? I want something with great flex, but not sad bad on the street. Flex is more important though :D

Wild Horse "Rock Crawlers" $149.99
Tom's Broncos "Long Travel" $139.00
James Duff "Progressive" $172.00
Cage "Progressive" $133.57
BC Broncos $160.00
Jeff's Bronco Graveyard "Superflex" $130.00

These are all a 5.5" EB lift spring.

Did I miss any?

I know Deaver makes some too, but I think some of the above are from them :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stic-o said:
Ok sense one of my coils is no good, I need to get some new one :rolleyes: So what to get? I want something with great flex, but not sad bad on the street. Flex is more important though :D

These are what I wanted when I bought the BC broncos ones you have, but they were out of stock at the time. Randall, Mudd*****, has these on his Ex in TX. They ride really nice and flex like crazy. They also are progressive springs which contributes to the good ride.

I have CAGE coils and they ride awesome. Soft, yet handle pretty well on the street. Tons of flex too.

I just went from the 5 1/2" wild horse spring to the BC bronco 6 1/2" w/winch spring. It appears to me that the BC Bronco springs have a lower spring rate (better flex) and they provide a better ride on the trails, I have not driven it on street yet

Pretty much every one of the coils you listed are good. When I was preparing to do my SAS I called almost all of the coil spring manufacturers and got their specs. The Superflex coils probably have the lowest lb per inch rate, around 190. I finally ended up getting the BCBroncos 6.5 coils without winch. I thought they were a bit stiff at first, but they settled in nicely, I like them alot. I haven't had a chance to flex them out totally, but they do flex very well. I have heard nothing but good things about the WH coils. I almost bought the 5.5 Rockcrawlers but bought the BC coils because I wanted to run full height buckets. The JD coils are a slightly higher spring rate than the WH coils. The Cage coils look to be the same as the WH coils, but I don't know that for certain. I was never able to get any info from Tom's so I can't help you there. Good Luck!

Steve, remember ssdd's pics in the Rubicon thread... you asked him about his springs.

"The springs are 10" skyjacker tj "jeep coils" they work great. was using eb and ranger coils but they did not flex. the tj's work sweet. the arms i built. i have alittle fab side business"for friends and wheelers, not an official business" here in the bay area. The front end is a standard 3 link with the pass side being fully wristed. Works well. "

Attachments

• flex explorer.jpg
    flex explorer.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 537

Wow.....

Stic-o said:

Just Ordered new ones :D

Thanks for everyones help.

jrgaylor said:
I just went from the 5 1/2" wild horse spring to the BC bronco 6 1/2" w/winch spring. It appears to me that the BC Bronco springs have a lower spring rate (better flex) and they provide a better ride on the trails, I have not driven it on street yet

Did the same thing with the same results. Also ran some superlift 8" coils. The BCs are by far my favorite. Better ride, better flex. Not only that Chuck , the owner of BC broncos, contacted me personally about my order.

Kirby

Back