whoops into a project | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whoops into a project

tghe leather doesen't last nearly as long as the fabric seats do. i have a 91 EB and my mom has a 92 XLT and hers are in much better shape then mine. i replaced my seats once with some from a junkyard, mine were worse then the ones in the pic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i may just put new foam in and throw some seat covers on there, i mean not the big lots special one either. I am going to run 4 guage power wire into a distribution block and then run 2 8 guage wires with a inline 20 amp fuse on each one then to the seats to connect the power

alright so i made a little bit of progress today, i installed the f-150 coil seats, i will post up pics in a little bit, the coils have sagged about 1/4-1/2 inch. It is so much smoother though. I do need longer shocks because there is no down travel. i am getting pretty excited because pretty much the hardest thing is done.

Yeah I just put the WAr 153"s and AAK on in the back and some 2' spacers and I have to say Im real pleased with the lift. Lot of bang for little bucks. Waiting for new 2' lift shocks and camber adjusters.

Also anybody who really wants to clean up their act and really make the lines flow especially with a lift should bend up their pinch weld, it really tightens things up subtly on the rockers, its conspicious by its absence.

here are the pics:

IM000353.jpg

IM000354.jpg

IM000355.jpg

i have decided to go with a 3-4 inch lift for the front and idk on the back, here is one of the lifts i am looking at.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...0612293/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:10000026845010612293

that lift is for a ranger. to get it to work you would need to do a soa in the rear. even then you would still have a rake angle. 4.5 inches in the front and 5.5 in the rear. then if you use the blocks that come with it that will be 8.5". that is a good price though.

Did you get those seats and filler from a guy in Crest east of El Cajon? If you did I got the lift and the wheels and 31" tires off that truck. I will have the lift on mine in about 2 weeks. I also got the wrap around brush guard off that eddie.

yeah that is where i got the stuff, i wanted the lift pretty bad. What are you doing with your stock coils and radius arms?

yeah that is where i got the stuff, i wanted the lift pretty bad. What are you doing with your stock coils and radius arms?

Not sure what im doing with them. I had to have the lift man especially after I baught the other things. I had a hell of a time getting the front suspension off and I am having the guy cut the back springs off cause the bolts are rusted on. I couldn't even budge them. Maybe we could meet up sometime and check out some places to go wheel at. I am glad I got there when I did to get the things though. When you went to get the seats I had already put a deposit on the sespension when I picked up the wheels and the brushguard.
:D :exp:

yeah i asked about the suspension, the guy told mme about the deposit. that place is a pain to find, i had to go down like dirt backroads and all kinds of twists and turns. I do not know of many places to wheel at.

2593507_1.jpg

This is the brush guard and the rims with 31's that I got off the truck you got your seats and filler from. I you had gotten there one day earlier.:) :exp:

Were you wanting the coils and radius arms off mine? the coils might be stiffer for mine than yours cause yours is a 2 door but I could be wrong. Everything is in pretty good shape that I know off. Nothing sags at all.

yea i was mostly interested in the coils

well here is what i was planning to do. I was going o get the front pivot brackets and install them, then i was going to get another set f stock radius arms and modify them. I was planning to cut off the threaded part and weld on some 1-3/4 .120 wall or similar tube. At the end of that tube i was going to weld on a heim joint. Kinda like the zimmerman? Make some custom radius arm brackets. That is the main reason i was looking for some radius arms, i am planning on doing some jeep xj 6-6.6 lift coils. As for the rear suspension i do not really know.

Uh... wow... when you say beat-up seats, you really mean beat-up, don't you? I can't even imagine how they got that destroyed, short of someone taking a knife to them... why anyone would do that is beyond me...

I have a 93 Eddie Bauer. What you see is just the seats wearing down like normal. The leather does not last very long at all.

exploder - I have the same set of rims you have, what do you think of them?

they are just stock rims, i mean there is not much to say, strong aluminum, i have no complaints.

ok so i got one of the seats in today and it feels amazing, right now all it has is a seat cover over it. I am planning on doind the other seat tommorow. There was a little problem getting the stock sliders to work on the eddie bauer seats. I ended up using the back bolts and welding the seat rails to the seats. I am planning on connecting the power to them next weekend. I will get some pics up tommorow.

here are the pics of the seats installed with my cheapo neopreme seat covers. they are extremly comfortable, alot better than my old seats which had broken down foam in them. sorry i could not get a pics of the welds but they bad but penatrated.

IM000358.jpg

IM000357.jpg

IM000356.jpg

my baby all washed up^^^^

ok, my friend let me have his old 93 ranger chrome front bumper. It did not fit so i had to do a little modifying. I cut about 5-7 inches off each side and made my own mounting brackets. I mig welded everything. The only thing i used to test the strenth was for me(165 lbs) and my friend(155 lbs) to stand on it together, nothing broke or made a noise. drove it on the freeway no problem either. i will have some pics of later.

ok, my friend let me have his old 93 ranger chrome front bumper. It did not fit so i had to do a little modifying. I cut about 5-7 inches off each side and made my own mounting brackets. I mig welded everything. The only thing i used to test the strenth was for me(165 lbs) and my friend(155 lbs) to stand on it together, nothing broke or made a noise. drove it on the freeway no problem either. i will have some pics of later.

Hey I was wndering if we could meet up sometime and maybe go wheeling and I wanted to check out your bedliner job.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea, i usd a cheapo bedliner so it did not turn out the best, i have noticed that it is starting to chip/ peel away from the edges. Where did you have in mind to wheel at?

Back