• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Wireless charging ???

Devan Pelletier

Reaction score
City, State
QC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer XLT
So I just purchased a 2020 XLT with almost every feature/add on . However upon delivery I dont have no wireless charging . I went back on ford to build and price and dont see no option for wireless charging so figured it comes stock on all models. Or is it only available on the Limited, platinum and ST?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
So I just purchased a 2020 XLT with almost every feature/add on . However upon delivery I dont have no wireless charging . I went back on ford to build and price and dont see no option for wireless charging so figured it comes stock on all models. Or is it only available on the Limited, platinum and ST?
Standard on Limited and up... also, please only post a thread once. Your other was deleted.

FUNCTIONAL ● 110V/150W AC Power Outlet (replaces the Powerpoint Port on the rear side of the Center Floor Console) ● Audio — B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 12 Speakers — HD Radio™ ● Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO) Windshield Wiper De-Icer Wireless Charging Pad

Last edited:

imanony

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Fyi, those wireless pad are useless if you have Samsung phones. Both me and my wife use Samsung and none of our phones fit in to that area. My wife's S9+ has to be stripped off of its case to fit in there and that too my pushing it little bit. My Note 10+ does not fit even without the case. Ford really screwed up on that one.

Devan Pelletier

Reaction score
City, State
QC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer XLT
Fyi, those wireless pad are useless if you have Samsung phones. Both me and my wife use Samsung and none of our phones fit in to that area. My wife's S9+ has to be stripped off of its case to fit in there and that too my pushing it little bit. My Note 10+ does not fit even without the case. Ford really screwed up on that one.
I realized that with my s10+ it need the case off . But then again I have to undo all the 6 screws to take off the case lol.. but anyways it looks like the XLT doesnr have the feature. Oh well lol

2020ST

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
My samsung s10+ with a case fits and works fine. I wish it was in a different location though, because inevitable I will forget it when I exit the vehicle. I end up just using the front usb-c port to charge.

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
I like that wireless charging, but hate it's location. I always forget the phone when exiting the Explorer...

Forddealz

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I like that wireless charging, but hate it's location. I always forget the phone when exiting the Explorer...
It charges much slower then with the cable and then you accidentally leave it in the car.

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
It charges much slower then with the cable and then you accidentally leave it in the car.
Yes. You are correct. It's not that practicable. Let's see what will Ford do next.

Havok33

Reaction score
City, State
Indy
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
Agree, only see the usefulness of it if on longer trips as it doesn’t charge very quick. I also forget my phone all the time.

ljn21

Reaction score
City, State
Tega Cay, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
My S10+ fits ok with the case but my issue is that without a clip to hold the phone in place, it just flops forward or slides down if braking to hard.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Stock 2020 Ford Explorer & Aviator 12