Ordered a 22 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered a 22

Update. I received a new email from Ford this morning. Our 22 301A with AWD and tow package has been built but not shipped. It should arrive at my dealer somewhere around March 31 to April 6, 2022

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I got my window sticker and a blend date of 3/26. Its staying a credit for the rear heated seat controls and the rear heated seats. My dealer is saying they will be installed within 9 months. Anyone hear different? I picked the 301a limited because of a few features I’m. Ot getting. I don’t know if I’m taking the vehicle now or not. I’m hearing the shortage my take years to fix now

So I got my window sticker and a blend date of 3/26. Its staying a credit for the rear heated seat controls and the rear heated seats. My dealer is saying they will be installed within 9 months. Anyone hear different? I picked the 301a limited because of a few features I’m. Ot getting. I don’t know if I’m taking the vehicle now or not. I’m hearing the shortage my take years to fix now
See this post; Ford to ship and sell Explorer SUVs with missing chips

Peter

Update. I received a new email from Ford this morning. Our 22 301A with AWD and tow package has been built but not shipped. It should arrive at my dealer somewhere around March 31 to April 6, 2022
Update email from Ford this evening. 😥
To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Explorer Limited is delivered to P*&^%n Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of March 31, 2022, and April 6, 2022, has been updated to between May 9, 2022, and May 15, 2022.

Update email from Ford this evening. 😥
To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Explorer Limited is delivered to P*&^%n Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of March 31, 2022, and April 6, 2022, has been updated to between May 9, 2022, and May 15, 2022.
I got a similar email. My build week was 1/13 😭

Thanks again for placing your 2022Explorer Timberline order. We’re working hard to assemble your vehicle, but it’s going to take more time than expected to finish it.

We want to make sure it’s assembled right, so we will be performing quality checks, inspections and tests before it’s delivered to you.

We know there’s a lot of anticipation when it comes to getting into a new vehicle, so we’ll make sure to keep you updated. Once your vehicle is assembled, you’ll be hearing from us again with an estimated date for delivery to your dealer.”

My brother in law placed an order for a 22 XLT on 2/5. On 3/7 got a build date of 3/23. Today it is showing Awaiting shipment with an ETA of 4/18.

I picked up my 22 explorer limited today. I paid the agreed sticker price, too. Now the interesting part. March 22 I got an update from Ford, my Explorer arrival was changed from this week to next week, to sometime in May. I have been clicking on the link to track the progress. Yesterday It said my Explorer had been delivered. I had not heard from anything from the dealer yesterday. Before they opened this morning, I check their website. They had my explorer with matching vin# listed as arriving soon. I called the salesperson, she had to check and found out, no one had told her it had arrived. I am not sure the dealership was up to no good, but it sure looks suspicious. Moral of the story, save the ford Email, click the link every day for updates and don't feel guilty about calling your sales person often

If the Explorer was only delivered the day before, it is very possible that the salesperson had not been notified yet. What I find a little strange is that the website listing shows that the vehicle is arriving soon. Although I'm not positive, I wouldn't think that 'Sold' vehicles would be advertised that way.

Peter

Well today must be a major shipping day. I work fairly close to one of the staging yards which is next to the inland port/rail yard in Joliet/Elwood Illinois. The car carriers were moving explorers out of there most of the day towards the rail yards. Typically 3 to a truck but at least a dozen different carriers through there.

Update!
My timberline with a production week of January 20th is STILL on a chip hold with no telling when it’ll be shipped. We talked to our dealer and told him to let us know if any timberline comes in soon with our same build. He called us last week saying one is in transit with everything we ordered except it’s a different color. I ordered black (which I’ve been regretting and this one is a metallic gray). This timberline had a blend date of 3/13 and he sent us pictures of it yesterday right when it arrived! We checked it out and brought it home today. I am THRILLED!!

So, if you have one that’s been in production since before feb/march- I’m assuming it’s waiting for those chips and will not be shipped until it’s complete. This one is missing the start/stop (which I don’t mind bc my last car had it and it was so annoying AND broke) and the controls for the back heated seats which will be installed when the chips arrive.

All in all, I’m super happy and excited! Apparently black was just not meant for me anyways 😊

I picked up my 22 explorer limited today. I paid the agreed sticker price, too. Now the interesting part. March 22 I got an update from Ford, my Explorer arrival was changed from this week to next week, to sometime in May. I have been clicking on the link to track the progress. Yesterday It said my Explorer had been delivered. I had not heard from anything from the dealer yesterday. Before they opened this morning, I check their website. They had my explorer with matching vin# listed as arriving soon. I called the salesperson, she had to check and found out, no one had told her it had arrived. I am not sure the dealership was up to no good, but it sure looks suspicious. Moral of the story, save the ford Email, click the link every day for updates and don't feel guilty about calling your sales person often
I have seen multiple dealerships showing vehicles not yet delivered, but ones I would have been interested in. I found out that their website automatically showed all vehicles arriving at their dealership even if they were special orders. When I asked about one of the Explorers on the way, they told me it was already sold. Frustrating, but I suspect their systems are designed to deal with 95% or more vehicles ordered by the dealership for inventory vs customer orders.

Update
Ordered KR 1/22/22
Blend date 04/14/22
Built 4/18/22
Supposed to arrive at the dealer first week of May.
Needless to say we're very excited as the hubs wants to look up rail times between Chicago and the bay area.... lolololololol

We ordered a 2022 Explorer Base Model RWD with Tow Pkg on December 17th (after fighting over a week trying to place the order due to the system being down). Now approaching the 5 month mark here with nothing but the "Order Confirmed" email we received on April 19th. My dealership has been a pain. I have contacted them numerous times about not receiving an order confirmed email and they finally admitted to me in April when I got a bit ugly with them that they never put my email in. At this point I don't know for sure when it was ordered and they'll only send me a copy of an Order Preview we signed on 12/17/21. No information other than it's been confirmed. No estimated build date. Nothing. Just took my deposit and have left me sitting and waiting. I ordered a Base because I knew the chip shortage was getting worse and hoped it would keep me from having to wait so long buuuuuut here we are. Should've just gone all out and maybe I'd have it by now. I'm bummed and extremely frustrated. Don't even know if I'll ever receive it before summer is out at this point.

t
We ordered a 2022 Explorer Base Model RWD with Tow Pkg on December 17th (after fighting over a week trying to place the order due to the system being down). Now approaching the 5 month mark here with nothing but the "Order Confirmed" email we received on April 19th. My dealership has been a pain. I have contacted them numerous times about not receiving an order confirmed email and they finally admitted to me in April when I got a bit ugly with them that they never put my email in. At this point I don't know for sure when it was ordered and they'll only send me a copy of an Order Preview we signed on 12/17/21. No information other than it's been confirmed. No estimated build date. Nothing. Just took my deposit and have left me sitting and waiting. I ordered a Base because I knew the chip shortage was getting worse and hoped it would keep me from having to wait so long buuuuuut here we are. Should've just gone all out and maybe I'd have it by now. I'm bummed and extremely frustrated. Don't even know if I'll ever receive it before summer is out at this point.
that doesnt sound. fun! which dealer is it? sounds a bit sketchy...

Small dealership close to my hometown. Was trying to support local business but wishing I'd ordered elsewhere now. I am at least slightly more hopeful now that I have proof from Ford about my order but who knows when it was put in because I haven't seen anything else and can't get any more info. Ugh!

i would keep emailing/calling them till you get a straight answer, as who knows what they are doing... there used to be a ford rep on here named crystal (?). not sure if they are here no more though. is there a way to get in contact with someone at ford? not too familiar with newer stuff... does ford have a twitter or facebook?

edit: fordservice is no longer on EF. however, you can PM ford on twitter it seems!

i would keep emailing/calling them till you get a straight answer, as who knows what they are doing... there used to be a ford rep on here named crystal (?). not sure if they are here no more though. is there a way to get in contact with someone at ford? not too familiar with newer stuff... does ford have a twitter or facebook?

edit: fordservice is no longer on EF. however, you can PM ford on twitter it seems!
I'll try contacting Ford directly soon. I'm not sure the dealership knows enough to give me more information. They've also had a management change since I ordered and I feel like I know more about the process than they do. I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time as well, even a friend of mine is still waiting on his order from early Nov 2021(and from a much larger dealership). It was scheduled for delivery near the end of April and they held it for the bolt issue. All of this just really decreases my confidence in Ford in general. We'll see soon enough. It just frustrates me that people have ordered well after me have gotten their vehicle and I have been waiting months without any info. I guess some of us are the lucky ones, lol

I'll try contacting Ford directly soon. I'm not sure the dealership knows enough to give me more information. They've also had a management change since I ordered and I feel like I know more about the process than they do. I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time as well, even a friend of mine is still waiting on his order from early Nov 2021(and from a much larger dealership). It was scheduled for delivery near the end of April and they held it for the bolt issue. All of this just really decreases my confidence in Ford in general. We'll see soon enough. It just frustrates me that people have ordered well after me have gotten their vehicle and I have been waiting months without any info. I guess some of us are the lucky ones, lol
Mine was dealer ordered Sept. Built. Dec. And just shipped 5 days ago. Do you know for sure people that have ordered after you have gotten their cars?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine was dealer ordered Sept. Built. Dec. And just shipped 5 days ago. Do you know for sure people that have ordered after you have gotten their cars?
According to forums, yes. Actual proof, no. I'd hope these people wouldnt lie, lol. I didn't say there were many but there are some that have gotten vehicles when order date was after mine (and my friends). I knew it would take a little longer than anticipated but I wasn't counting 7-8 months out. I spoke with several dealerships prior to ordering and none told me over 3-4 months. Let's all laugh together.

Back