Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'd be first in line for the whole truck being powered coated...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

OK
The story behind the mower--
My dad used it for cash as a kid, back in the day when a dollar was something.
He showed me a picture of a yard in Talmage, NE he mowed for an old man, who "let" him mow it once a month. It is a 1/2 acre lot, my dad mowed it with this mower, paid for gas and made a whopping $1.00 for the effort.

Here is a perspective shot--there were times I wanted to just throw it away, but the thought of my dad pushing it through knee high grass kept me going. I can't wait to show it to him.
How far do you think those wheels rolled cutting 1/2 acre ( and more) 16" at a time?
Thanks dad for busting your butt, so my sister and I could live relatively lazy lives!!

Attachments

• Old mower 5.jpg
    Old mower 5.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,108

You've done a fantastic job with that stuff, Jon. And I too, could not get rid of that mower due to it's history with your dad. I'm sure he'll be proud of it.

Cool, and is it as light as it looks, about 30 pounds?

So i would like to see a set of tools or something that you use more on a regular basis done.

So i would like to see a set of tools or something that you use more on a regular basis done.

Ha ha--yeah-
How about mercury blue wrenches? I need to try that color out.

okay so 1/2 acre and you want to know how many times the wheels rolled and the wheel is 16" in diameter?

hold on just a second.
I will assume that mower has a 18" cutting width for my calculations....

1/2 acre = 18000 square feet
18000 square feet = 1200" x 2160" yard (to make it easier)

assuming your dad's mower cuts an 18" path he would have to make 66.7 passes to cover the 1200" side of the yard (width)
We'll call it 70 passes because we all know you have to overlap the blades each pass.

so 70 passes across 2160" (length), wheels turn 1 rotation every 16" according to you
So on one pass of 2160" the wheel turns 135 full rotations.

135 x 70 = 9450 rotations of the wheel per 1/2 acre mowed. approximate :)

Dont forget that sucker has 4 wheels and you might want to add a bit in for turning and ligning up each pass......hahaha

If you powdercoat the yard you may not ever have to mow!

Does the old mower run again?

okay so 1/2 acre and you want to know how many times the wheels rolled and the wheel is 16" in diameter?

hold on just a second.
I will assume that mower has a 18" cutting width for my calculations....

It is a 16" cut-

16" cut = 75 passes, add 3, so 78 passes x 135 rotations = 10,530 wheel rotations

ah you see there are many variables, you can use a surveyed acre, an actual measured acre, a typical commercial acre (what I used) and more...

onlineconversion.com

I am very impressed Jon. Now you have me thinking of stuff I could send you to get coated!

Well, I did these bumper brackets, am working on the fan now. I finally got all of the stuff off it.

Attachments

• Bumper brckets.jpg
    Bumper brckets.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,048

Jon you're havin way too much fun! That mower is sweet.

Thanks

I have been digging in hard-
I am getting a big compressor for sure this week--the one I want is going up in an auction on wed. I will be there for sure-it is a Champion VR5-8, like in the picture.This baby delivers 19CFM @ 125 PSI

heh heh

I hope to get it for less than $700, wish me luck

I am also planning a 5x5x7'high booth,using my dust collection system,
and a 4x4x7' high oven--I'll also keep a small oven for the small stuff.

Attachments

• vr5-8.jpg
    vr5-8.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 986

Great plans Jon. You are really diving into this. I hope to do business with you at some point. :D

Back