My SOA and Spindle Lift with PICS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My SOA and Spindle Lift with PICS

looks real good. im in the process of doing my SOA right now as well. i was wondering about the angle for the new spring perches but i read you put them the same angle as the stock ones. pretty obvious i guess!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool, is there any vibration or excessive wear on the u-joints?

cool, is there any vibration or excessive wear on the u-joints?
Well, there is the slightest amount of vibration when im really on the gas and the rpms are about 3000...it may just be in my head. I has one of the mechanics (ASE certified) at my work test drive it after the SOA was complete and he said that it was fine.

How's it with no sway bar in the rear?

It does sway alot with no sway bar but it hasn't been anything that has scared me yet. So far, i've towed a boat over 150 miles with the SOA and no sway bar and i felt safe at all times. I do kinda wish i still had one though so i can whip around turns real fast without my back end leaning over.

Colton

what size tires are those? like 33" 32"? i dont know the metric sizes :)

ah cool...its a good lookn X

Looks sweet. How are you lifting the front?

sorry if this sounds stupid but what exactly SOA?

If you look under your truck, you'll see that your leaf springs are located under your axle.

SOA = Spring Over Axle like in his pic. :cool:

IMG_8041.jpg

So if you do the SOA to raise the rear end, how do you raise the front if you already have the 3" body lift and have done the TT ?

i wish my gas tank looked that smooth still. :rolleyes:

quick questoin. my stock leaf spring perches are 5 inches long...
i have some new perches on the way for my SOA that are 5 1/2 inches long.
this wont be a problem will it? and do you think it could help out with axle wrap being longer?

Hey, I was wondering, i got 15 inch wheels on my 98XLT, but you said you have 16inch wheels? Do you know whats with the difference? They are obviously stock wheels from Ford, but Im wondering where you got them? What vehicle were they originally on?

god i hate awd
i wish i could do lift spindles in the front!!!

again great lookin truck

i think i asked u this already but u have stock gears right
hows she feel with 33's

Back