Taking John Rock's Trac back to my place | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Taking John Rock's Trac back to my place

TxPlates

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Marble Falls, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 "Rock Trac"
picture.php

Very special thanks to Kris and Randall for all their help today.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what is the future of this? What will happen to it?:(

I'm glad you have it. I never met John Rock but he seemed really cool. He was the big reason I got a sport trac.

That's a pretty big seat you have to fill there !!

I read Julia's FB post and wondered who the new owner was. That's bound to be an emotional situation. My Dad and I were building him a Nissan KingCab 4x4 when he passed away back in 1984. It was several years before I could finish it. But I eventually did and drove it several years. Good luck!

Well I had posted a picture there of it on the trailer with Kris and Randall, but for some odd reason it's not showing up. As far as the fate for the trac, I'm not sure at this point. I feel like I've grown up with it along side John, and I have a 2002 mirrored after his (less all the battle scars) ha! So for right now, it's in my garage with all it's misc parts and we'll see where it goes from here....

Awsome, glad it is "staying in the family", so to speak.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well I had posted a picture there of it on the trailer with Kris and Randall, but for some odd reason it's not showing up.

Well IDK about anyone else but I see your trailer photo.:D

I'm stoked it's with you... you seem like you were one hell of a friend to him. I enjoyed every moment wheelin' my track with him and later knowing he was on the wicked trails and I was on the 'modified' ones. Take care of it, I know you'll enjoy it. A part of many of us are with it and with you as it's custodian. :)

:salute:

Becker69 - he was a very important person in my life and I'll always treasure the time I got to spend with him. He'll always live on in my heart, as I'm sure for many people that way. I'm extremely happy to be able to have his trac along side mine. I've got it in the garage right now, cleaning it, and I've run into a snag with the old alarm on it!!! But I'll get it figured out and then put the front end back together and go from there....

Like what was said earlier ,

big seat to fill,

but so far keeping your end up,,

glad it stayed in the family,,

That's not the odd alarm, it's just John messing with you.

Well I took the underneath of the dash off, followed all the wires, nothing was cut or undone, so I just sat and stared for a while and found the magical small valet switch. Held it down and boom, truck started right up. Now to replace the fan clutch...

Good luck. I have to figure John is looking down and smiling!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back