• Register Today It's free!

big bear wheeling?

lilgriff85

Reaction score
City, State
big bear
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer 4x4 limited
Dose anyone ever come to big bear to go off roading? Looking for some ppl close by that enjoy big bear wheeling.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We have a pretty good group that likes to head up there for some wheeling. I don't have a rig anymore (for now) but the trails in that area are great!

John Bull:

IMG_6522.jpg

I've yet to try john bull I only have a few friends with rigs that could make it. Is that your explorer?

It was my explorer. I sold it a couple of years ago now. You'll get a pretty good response in this thread from the SoCal guys. If you search here for past Big Bear trips you'll find a lot of pictures.

..A few of us will be near you in Johnson Valley next week, all week...

...There are a few members who live n and around Big Bear and a couple more who are part timers up there, all who wheel up there on and off during the year...

..Hopefully some of them will chime in for you also...

Dose anyone ever come to big bear to go off roading? Looking for some ppl close by that enjoy big bear wheeling.

Yes Tbars4 I'll chime in, just little hard to see right now.

Welcome to the forum, we are part timers up there. My son and I have basically stock explorers and enjoy running the fire roads aroung the valley, especially at the east end. Taught him to drive when he was 13 down off the 38 from Cactus Flats 3N03. WOW 10 yrs ago.
Anyway here is a Link to photos to one we did last summer. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357965&page=3

I'm out of service till the end of this month due to surgery on my eyelid. Maybe we can get together when we are up there again and hit a few of the trails. NO can't do John Bull in ours.

I'm up for John Bull...just need to build a skidplate for the belly.;)

I was planning on going to Johnson valley next week too my brother in laws work has a jeep in the stock class. Yeah my ex is mildly moded but love the trails up here, but yeah let me know if your ever up hete. Stic-o do you love close to big bear?

I was planning on going to Johnson valley next week too my brother in laws work has a jeep in the stock class. Yeah my ex is mildly moded but love the trails up here, but yeah let me know if your ever up hete. Stic-o do you love close to big bear?

1-1/2 to 2 hours away

Back