MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Hey again!

Like Jason stated, all of your wallpapers, phone pairing, and other settings will be cleared. This is with the exception of your saved navigation favorites. Due to customer feedback, the favorites should be saved after an update, unless you perform a master reset before or after the install.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Updating to 3.8 should be completely wiping all settings. It is basically re-imaging the base programming of the unit. That is what the status bar with percent is showing.

Not sure what constitutes all settings, but I lost(and re-added) Phone/Bluetooth devices, 911, wallpaper, Ambient lighting, time and outside temp. I did not lose nav destinations or radio presets(both OTA and Sirius), which I had in some of the other updates since 2011.

All is good.

EDIT: Sorry, Rebecca I didn't see your reply, I was on page 3 until I posted my reply

Not sure what constitutes all settings, but I lost(and re-added) Phone/Bluetooth devices, 911, wallpaper, Ambient lighting, time and outside temp. I did not lose nav destinations or radio presets(both OTA and Sirius), which I had in some of the other updates since 2011.

All is good.

EDIT: Sorry, Rebecca I didn't see your reply, I was on page 3 until I posted my reply

Radio presets are stored in the ACM, not APIM. Thats why those stay. Wonder if they are exporting the saved destinations and then reimporting them. If they are I would think doing that with other settings would be possible.

Radio presets are stored in the ACM, not APIM. Thats why those stay. Wonder if they are exporting the saved destinations and then reimporting them. If they are I would think doing that with other settings would be possible.

Thanks. From what I recall, they are exporting and importing the destinations, this was a HUGE issue for those that used them extensively.

All is good.

LOL No worries! :)

This is why I push everyone to get their voices heard on our Social.Ford.com site. Having the navigation favorites save after an install was one of the top posts on there; our product engineers saw it, and ta-da! :)

Rebecca

I haven't installed it on my Explorer yet, but I did install it on my FoST on the way home last night. It was nice to just run a vehicle report instead of going back to the website to have it confirmed to be installed. I'll probably put it on the Explorer this weekend when I can reconnect my wife's phone.

Installed today v3.8. Everything seems to be working and intact except phone connection and wallpapers.
MUTE button on navi screen appears only if I set destination. I've said "destination home" voice command, but lady from under the hood :) said there are no stored destinations. I opened my favorites and its there, had to choose it on screen. Once I did it started recognizing my home thru voice command again.
Radio settings are intact as well.
Interesting that Ford has downgraded internal product version number, it used to be 4.3X.XXXXX and now it suddenly 3.08.15128.
My navigation version is 4.66.5 now when it was 3.48.9 on v3.6.2

Yeah let's just completely forget the majority of smartphone users... (ANDROID)

Yeah let's just completely forget the majority of smartphone users... (ANDROID)

I think it should be stated as "lets forget the Android smartphones which IS majority!"

Update on v3.8 installation:

"Upload Successful!

Thank you for confirming your current version of SYNC software. Now our records are up to date, and you'll have access to SYNC software updates each time they are released. When you return to the SYNC Software Updates page, you'll see your vehicle's updated status."

Update on v3.8 installation:

"Upload Successful!

Thank you for confirming your current version of SYNC software. Now our records are up to date, and you'll have access to SYNC software updates each time they are released. When you return to the SYNC Software Updates page, you'll see your vehicle's updated status."
Mine was successful as well but have no way of reporting it. There was no .xml file on my USB drive after the Installation Complete. There is no longer a 'Report a successful installation' option on syncmyride any more. Rebecca is checking into this. It isn't the first time I've had problems reporting a successful update.

BTW, I also had to set the rearview camera back to 'Delay'.

Peter

I updated my 2014 limited last night to the 3.8 and it work find and I was able to confirm the update to ford with the XML file.:thumbsup:

I think I remember reading that if you run a vehicle health report it will report the current version of MFT. Might be worth a try.

I think I remember reading that if you run a vehicle health report it will report the current version of MFT. Might be worth a try.
Vehicle Health Report isn't available in Canada.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
You should be using a USB drive as the instructions mentioned. It took me about 20 minutes, as others have also posted. If you have the engine running, better make sure you have enough gas in the tank to finish the update. As Rebecca mentioned, stopping it before it has completed the installation could lead to more issues where you would have to take it to the dealer.

Peter

Thanks Peter.
Somehow the CF card I used was too slow while the Card reader is fast enough.
install failed so many time during the update, I had to plug it off so many time during the install.
well, I copied all the files to another CF card, then it was very quick!

It's because of flash card or adapter or both not being capable of high speed.
Why dont you just use regular USB drive?

Yeah, as you mentioned, the card was too slow.
copied all file to new card, then it was quick.

While everyone worries about it, turning off engine, plugging off the card, etc during the update, didn't affect anything to the system. well, that doesn't mean I recommend to do so:)

You know I thought it was me that caused this situation with reporting and update for all 'cause I formatted my USB stick before reporting a successful update. :eek: Undaunted by my foolish destruction of the update report file, I soon discovered a new file I could update to remedy my embarrassment and uploaded the 'version checker' file. To this moment, I still don't know if I was successful reporting my new version update. I guess it worked. :confused:
:salute:

Update successful. I enjoy the new Siri features.

I lol'd when the update wanted me to hook the USB back into my PC to let Ford know the update was successful. Why do they even want to track this metric?

I am weary of the health report as well, why does ford need to know this information?

You know I thought it was me that caused this situation with reporting and update for all 'cause I formatted my USB stick before reporting a successful update. :eek: Undaunted by my foolish destruction of the update report file, I soon discovered a new file I could update to remedy my embarrassment and uploaded the 'version checker' file. To this moment, I still don't know if I was successful reporting my new version update. I guess it worked. :confused:

I can check it for you. Just shoot me a PM with your VIN. :)

Update successful. I enjoy the new Siri features.

I lol'd when the update wanted me to hook the USB back into my PC to let Ford know the update was successful. Why do they even want to track this metric?

I am weary of the health report as well, why does ford need to know this information?

We track software versions for numerous reasons; here are a few of them:

- It helps our website know what information to provide you with.
- In order for me and your dealership to troubleshoot concerns properly, we need to know what software you're running.
- It ensures you don't get letters or emails if we decide to mail/email a reminder to everyone that hasn't updated.

I'm glad your update went well!

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it worked, your Sync account will show V3.8.

Peter

Back