Carlovers Desert Beater Build | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carlovers Desert Beater Build

Well im starting to source parts and gather up some good stuff. I figured id start a thread just to show everyone that the ideas are. Should be a pretty fun setup when done. Everything will be being built by Brandon at BTF Fab.

The rear will be a 4 link with a panhard bar and cantilever coilovers. Shooting for around 20" of rear travel. Full size van 9", and should be around 3.5" wider per side than stock

Front will be a BTF front setup more than likely with a fully fabbed spindle with d44 hubs and uniball upper and lowers. Should pull around 16-17" of travel. Will be around 5" wider a side than stock.

It will be a fairly slow build due to finances. It will be built in stages obviously and should take around 12-16 months to be fully complete.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...That's a cheaper fix..:biggthump

..Slap a new/used one on and see you out at KOH?

Like a Front Nose for it ? :p:

We didnt get any actual action vids, it broke when i was starting the run we were gonna film. Ill be taking it out again soon. Gonna tune the shocks a little better and should be quite faster then the 1st run,

I've read the whole build thread and must say this thing is amazing! Congrats to you and the builder. I just wish parts here in Costa Rice were as cheap as they are in the US.
Good luck with the build, got subscribed to follow up on it!
Cheers, Moises C.

...are they on yet??..:p;
Posted via Mobile Device

The good thing is the 4.0 and 4r55e are still going for now. so i can test/tune shocks and get it dialed in while im having the motor built. just have to decide how mild or wild i wanna get with it.

new fluidyne trans cooler
cooler.jpg

new solid 4.0 motor mounts
mms_picture-1.jpg

Back