• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Carlovers Desert Beater Build

grant00

Reaction score
City, State
Folsom, CA (home); Pomona, CA (school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4.0 SOHC
half naked FTW :p::D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...I think I just wet myself...:D

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
And to think you Finished it at this point before Iz finished his :p: :D

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Were is the IAT/MAF sonsor on a 98' ranger 3.0l?
You must not know how a forum works.

Anyway, looks freakin awesome Sean! Can't wait for that ride in t-haven!

carlover

Reaction score
City, State
Fontana,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL
Thanks, i have a few short videos but they arent very good quality as they are shot on my brothers cell phone. ill be taking it out again soon and gonna dedicate someone to only gets vids and actions shots if they want a ride hahaha.

carlover

Reaction score
City, State
Fontana,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL
Will do, its pretty fast through the rough right now i was very surprised. A little more shock tuning and i think ill need more power since the mildly built 4.0 is struggling to keep up

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
That's good and bad. :)

Good because you know Brandon's work is top notch. Bad, because now comes the modded v8, then you'll find a weakness in the suspension and redo that. Never ending cycle, unless you"settle" with one or the other. The better plan is let the motor be too slow for the suspension as I'm sure you know. :D

carlover

Reaction score
City, State
Fontana,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL
Ohhh yes i know this lol, or should i say have learned this the hard way. A modded v8 means needing a 35 0r 40 spline full floater, better front hubs, bigger front bypasses, new front steering setup etc etc. Im thinking either a SOHC, or a pretty much stock 97-2001 explorer 302. For now though im going to fix a few of the weak links and enjoy using it.

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

broncobra22

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 Bronco 2
Thread is inspirational... great fab work overall your desert beater is insane! Ditto on the action shots I'd like to see that puppy tearn' it up brother.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P "Desert 4x4 Ranger" Dixon Long Travel Front Suspension Offroad Projects 6
G GIJOE's Desert Explorer Offroad Projects 91