• Register Today It's free!

down now up

before-
8557myx2.jpg

bumper1.jpg

after-
8557newlift.jpg

8557newlift1.jpg

3" spindles 2"TT rear SOA with 33x12.50 Baja Claws on 15x10 MT Classic II's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you gave up-

at least you own more than one vehicle (last i counted ya'll had 3), i've managed to replace my whole interior, and the stripping of the exterior for paint is in the near near future with my explorer as my ONLY mode of transportation. Hell i'll be on rollerblades for a good month while its being painted.

thats an awful excuse, who's gonna tell me i'm jealous?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

What about your wheels and tires? Are they for sale?

I'm a lifted (TT/ shackles, 30.5" tires) 2wd. Rides alot better than lowered. A-LOT!!! But, the lowered style looks so good w/ some 17-18 wheels on an explorer. I still can't decide what i want to do when i get money....buy spindles and bigger tires/wheels. Or bigger wheels smaller tires....and drop the b!otch again?

My interior and exterior is still BOMB so i think that i could be lowered for a while....Then again, d@mn i miss my '93 4x4. The capabilities that thing had......

My old 17's were sold quite some time ago.

Man that looks awesome.

I just now saw this. The streeter world will miss you jamest.

On the flipside... it looks good. Tastefully done!

I always have a rush to lift the truck from time to time, I just don't know. Looks great though. :)

Its nice, its a nice change and its good that you decided to keep it instead of buy a different truck to suit your needs. but on the flip, some constructive critisism would be to ditch the front smoothie bumper and do something, anything, just to give it an edge and not so typical and ordinary, u know what i mean? good luck with it

PS:just noticed your new avator today...damn good pic. good to see you get some use out of a "trail only" rig :D nice not worrying about getting to work on monday eh lol

whats the back spacing on the wheels james?

why then does an 8" wheel with 3.75 backspacing look so good on an explorer? Is that because you have 10" wide wheels? What would be the better backspacing for a 10" wide wheel then? I don't really get it.

I dont know, it depends on what it is you think looks good. The 10's stick out. For whatever reason, i like this on a lifted 4x4. Alot of people dont. Also, you cant just pick whatever backspacing you want on every wheel. Most brands you are stuck with what they offer.

looks really good. i don't see too many lifted x's in AR when ever i get to go home, not i know there is at least two (including mine anyways)

DAMN, I've been gone too long.

Looks good jt.

Ever since I've been stationed here in MO I had been contemplating doing the same thing, I am lowered 2" and want to raise it 2" above stock (maybe more in the future :D ). After doing much research on this site I came across Hartman's thread last night and then yours today, both surprised me. I'm planning on getting mine done before winter though. BTW, the X looks good (both ways).

I cant believe I am just now seeing this. Looks awesome. Where did you get your spindles? I am considering getting spindles and SOA to add to my body lift. Maybe 35s.

I got the spindles from 4wheelparts.

How much did those run with shipping?

From what i remember it was right around $400.

Cool. Hopefully I can get mine for under $400 with my 20% off in store coupon.

Back