My Free 89 BII | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Free 89 BII

Thats where I get lucky. No smog testing here thats why I wont be running cats either. If they do ever change that.....then I will have a really nice trail rig only

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep the brake, 4x4, LOW RANGE, and oil dummy lights :)

the brake light will serve as a parking brake indicator and a low brake fluid warning

the oil light works as a low oil warning

I also would keep a spot in case you ever want to add a new light, like OD on/off, or roof lights or whatever.

I can't wait to see how you mount these suckers into the ABS so far it looks really nice

wait a second? the PCV is just for a template?

I thought you were going to keep the PVC and kinda have the gages sticking out a little bit from the cluster face? (drill holes for PCV in the ABS)

either way nice choice of gages and layout

Yeah I thought about using the PVC mounted into the face....Hmmmm

Well, looks like Im on to a road trip tonight. I just found a Dana 20 out of a 71 EB that was mated to a C4 for $125.00.

Just a small update.....

I haven't been able to work on the BII much due to I keep finding parts to pick up that seem to never be close to home. Today I picked up a D35 hub to hub, EX leafs, and a 8.8. I also recieved my ABS today so I will get my gauges done Sunday and get some pics up.

My twin stick shifter showed up in the mail today. I also ordered my new front coils, rear shackles, body mounts, and new radius arm bushings. I will get pics up of the gauges and shifter tomorrow.......and on the up side, I lost my job today.....

Life is so kind sometimes.....

Dude you are cruising on this thing!

Sorry to hear about the job, hopefully another opportunity comes along for ya.

Dude you are cruising on this thing!

Sorry to hear about the job, hopefully another opportunity comes along for ya.

Thanks bud.....I'll be out Monday hammering down to get a new job. It sucks when you work for someone for 5 years and they let you go like it isn't crap. Well, anyways......I can't wait to get this thing done. I allready have plans for a straight trail rig.....hmmm, all the ideas :confused:

well, its been a while. Let me update you some

Gauges are finished....
Gauges.jpg

Twin stick setup....
shifter.jpg

Now, I have decided to go a different route. Now I will be running a D44 and 9" (full width), the 5.0 is going to be on Propane, rear leafs will be Chevy 63" mounted inboard, front will be Fox 2.5 with 16" travel, 38" TSL's, and KORE beadlocks.

Here are the tires.....
Tires002.jpg

Tires004.jpg

I was gonna say different route + picture = 8x8 mini van!

gages are sick, nice work

Thanks guys.... I have alot of work ahead of me but Im sure it will be fun when its done

Those gauges are sweet, how'd you do that?

i like your B2 alot! its turning out great! cant wait to see it when you get the 44 and 9" under it! good luck! :thumbsup:

You've definitely got 1 hell of a good lookin' BII for free :) . You've done loads of work tho' & waited a long time to be able to drive it again.....it looks good, but if you'd just done a engine swap you would've been back 'on the road again' by now......I'm impatient, I would've wanted to been driving it again b4 now....:)....it's gonna be grand tho' mate & be what you want it to be :)

Thanks for all the compliments guys. My weld on beadlocks are supposed to arrive tomorrow and I will get some pics, and my wheels should be here around Monday I hope.

Moab.... there are a couple of pics on my gauges. If you are thinking about building a set for yours, I can try to get some more detailed pics....

im glad your doing weld on beadlocks... i was seriously thinking about doing that after i get my wheels... now i get to see how its done! :D

Wheels and KORE beadlocks arrived today...... I'll get them welded up as soon as I get time

DVC00404.jpg

DVC00405.jpg

DVC00403.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice! how much and where? what color are you painting them>
cant wait to see them on the bronco :thumbsup:

Back