FordBeast98's SAS in progress! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FordBeast98's SAS in progress!

Front:
-'79 Bronco HP Dana 44
-4.88's(open for now)
-Warn Manual hubs
-Trying to reuse all the bronco front suspension

Rear:
-'79 Ford 9"
-going to convert to disk
-4.88's(really 4.86 but close enough)
-Mini-spool
I finially got sick of the IFS(Independent Fu*ked suspension) I was tired of the no-flex and wanted something a little beefer.

When i get done im going to run the 35's for a while and im going to run some 37'MTR's when i get the money.Also i will finailly! be swapping in my 1354.

First off i say this wouldnt be possible without my friend morris. He is helping me do this and i really appreciate it.(thanks man).

So far i have the the rear sprung over and i am in the process of dissasembling the front.The gears are being installed and my axles are being rebuilt as i speak. I will post more pics as soon as i get them and keep you all updated. Here is one that i could get of the d44. More pics will be up later tonight hopefully.Feel free to ask questions as i will.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 971

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

azexplorer4by- Its homemade and i bought the arb safari top. I got the idea from my friend Matt(DASFREM) here on the board. I think he has a write up on it somewhere.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

and now Matt gives chad his 1354 for answering all the questions for him....

Ill trade u that 1354 for the cooler :D . My computer at home just blew up and i cant get the pics of the 38's up. Im using the comp at my work. Im in the process of getting a new comp. so i will try to get them up soon. Im also working on some rock sliders, rear tube bumper, and possibly an exocage.

Matt

What u all have been waiting for

Pics!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 518
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 535

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 526

she's purty

congrats !
looks fantastic, cant wait to see some wheelin pics. :bounce:
how's it drive?
how many dirty looks have you gotten from mallcrawlers? hehe

That is one BEAUTIFUL truck man!!!!!!
Great Job!!!!!
What is the total ride height now??
Now you just gotta wheel it!!!

Lets see some shots of your coil buckets. Did you get those windows on there yet?

Your tires are too skinny :p

ill take you up on that trade for the 1354.... cooler for t-case its a deal.

Looks good. :thumbsup: Now weld that front up. :D

Thanks guys.

I got laid off yesterday from work so the sliders,new rear tube bumper and exocage will have to wait a couple weeks.

I actually wheeled it last weekend for the first time. It did great, i was very impressed with its performance and so were my friends. I had a problem with the PowerSteering again and had a problem with one of my rear calipers. I got the PS some what fixed but im still having a problem with the steering. I can turn all the way to the right but i cant get a full lock to the right. I think im going to mess with the pitman arm a bit to get it right.

I drives alright on the road but it wants to sway a bit. Me and my friend made a custom drop pitman arm and put a steering stabilizer on there and that helped it out a bit. It also needs an alignment. I just have to fix that brake problem and get a tracbar made for the rear and she is pretty much set.I figure i have about 11 inces of lift on it total. I didnt have to trim at all for the 38's.THe rims i put on them are 15X8 and they work great. I was running 5psi in them and never had a problem.

Trckmagik- Im going to go work on it tomorrow and i will take some pics. I have all the holes drilled ready to put them in but i need to get the rivet gun from nissanboy to put them in. I cant wait to get them in.

nissanboy- Ill give u a call :D

jamest- Its already been done :D . You cant beat the traction of it but its like wrestling with a monkey to steer. I unlock a hub and it helps a little, Im probably going to save up and get a powertrax or a detroit. I love that mini spool in the rear, but the tires dont :smoke:

Heres a side pic. THat 3rd window is the one i broke. Its ready for the canvas window to go in.Sheesh she's dirty.Hasnt been washed in two months.

Attachments

• cw.jpg
    cw.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 510

Very nice! :thumbsup:

One of these days I'll get there... :D

Thanks man, Good luck!

your passenger rear springs looks like they have some bad negative arch. is that just the pic or are you getting that much spring wrap?

welded front + 38s + power steering problems = massive forearms!

looks good.

Back