Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bolingbrook, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Callsign
KD9OWX
there not done yet. i have to cap the ends and add 2 more supports inbetween those rails. then i need to attach the legs and i'm going to bolt them onto the frame instead of weld them on. (because someday i plan to sas and remove the body lift, and if the sliders bolt on, i can unbolt them and modify them to fit without a bodylift.) well heres the pictures.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin good, make me a pair?? :p

Thats really cool Aric. Make me a pair purdy please...i'll pick em up when i go through indiana on the first of may driving back from Vancouver....seriously i'd buy a set ;)...you take paypal?

anyways thats a good idea with bolting them on cuz of the body lift.

Froader: haha i'm not going to say my plans are original, although yours look alot better since your tubes are bent instead of chopped and welded. I chamfered the ends of the ends of the tubing to make sure the welds got full penetration. My welds are thick as hell, i'm not worried about em breaking at all though.

Texplorer and 97 V8: i'd love to make extra sets for people but i just don't have the time or material. sorry fellas. just take a welding course at your local junior college. as long as you bring in the materials, they pretty much let you do whatever you want.

Nice job, looks clean. Is that pipe you used?

yes. its gooood and thick..... oh yeah.. and free. but i'm almost out.

I hear ya, i've got a whole stack outside the garage of 1-1/2" sch 40 cut in 8 ft lengths, perfect for sliders or bumpers.

got some more work done on one of them.... i'm a newb to notching so i just tried to figure it out.. and i wasnt worried about gaps because i can fill them no problem. this second half of the semester i signed up for tig, so i decided i should stay within my course, and i tig welded the rest of the slider (2 supports and end caps). 1 is done, and one still needs the caps and supports in the middle. well heres the pictures.
IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

nice welds aric. Very clean job on the caps.

Back