Techieman33's Elite Registry | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Techieman33's Elite Registry

Well i'm finally elite, and I'll admit it was long overdue. I'll start off with my first explorer that died of transmission woes last year. It was a 91 XLT with only about 90K on the clock.

explorerdamage.jpg

Then in April of last year I moved on to my 88 Bronco II, which just recently died of engine failure. But it lived a long life with over 260K on the clock.

DSC00002Medium.jpg

And now to the lastet. It's a 2000 Mountaineer, V8, AWD. It's got 94k miles on it, and it's in really good shape, other than the all the dust from the previous owner living on a gravel road, and the headlight in the last pic, the chrome cap the covers the light fell off, anyone know how to reattach it?

IMG_1822Medium.jpg

IMG_1820Medium.jpg

IMG_1824Medium.jpg

IMG_1829Medium.jpg

IMG_1830Medium.jpg

IMG_1837Medium.jpg

IMG_1840Medium.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I really like the lights behind the grill. Can you legally drive with those on? Here in WI you can only have 4 bulbs lit at a time.

I'm not to sure about the legality of having all 6 lights on at the same time, I probably need to look into that, I could always just turn the fog lights off.

How is your alignment and tire wear? It looks like you may need some lower ball joints, but that could be from how its sitting. :dunno:

Lights look good though :thumbsup:

My alignment is ok, my tires wear sucks though because I drive it to hard around corners.

I'm not to sure about the legality of having all 6 lights on at the same time, I probably need to look into that, I could always just turn the fog lights off.

My alignment is ok, my tires wear sucks though because I drive it to hard around corners.

Don't Roll it bro :roll: Everyone said I was gonna flip it when I got it, switching from a Maxima, I drove fast around corners. I know for sure ive had my Expo on 2 wheels more than once.:D

About a week and a half ago I started hearing a noise while braking, so I checked them out and this is what I found
03-25-08_1744.jpg

03-25-08_1719.jpg

Yeah, the pad was gone, it was pure metal on metal.:eek:

All is well now, It's powerslots and hawk pads all the way around
03-25-08_1658.jpg

03-25-08_1804.jpg

All I can say is wow, what a difference. I got cut off today getting on the interstate and had no choice but to get on them hard, and they stopped me fast, If I still had the old brakes, I know I would have hit her.

And I needed a new battery so I dropped this in
03-28-08_1402.jpg

Excellent! Dang bad@ss kids tearin' up your brakes :) Are you going to paint the calipers?

Excellent! Dang bad@ss kids tearin' up your brakes :) Are you going to paint the calipers?

Paint? now why would I do that, when I could get Jtsmith to powdercoat a set for me. Now that I've decided not to lift it, I plan on getting some 18's in the future, so I'll want everything under there to look nice.

Nice to hear!

A lift with 18's? Is there a ps to look at? I'm not sure i've seen that combo before... sounds sweet!

Got it... didn't see the "not" first time. Drop it a couple inches, won't hurt... Do a photoshop...

Paint? now why would I do that, when I could get Jtsmith to powdercoat a set for me. Now that I've decided not to lift it, I plan on getting some 18's in the future, so I'll want everything under there to look nice.

I doubt you can powder coat the calipers because of the rubber boot that is between the piston and caliper.

It now has 4.10 gears, rock crusher diff cover and some fresh paint under the rear suspension. It finally launches off the line instead taking it's time until it hits 20+mph. Here are some pics and a burnout video

link to gear install http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217756

PICT0049Medium.jpg

PICT0060Medium.jpg

And I couldn't leave out the cool poser flex shots that always seem to be so popular
PICT0026Medium.jpg

PICT0028Medium.jpg

Here's a little update, the real one will be in the next week or so when I get everything else done. I still need to lower it and have some different shocks for the front but I'll wait to do that until I get back to Topeka, There have just been way to many horror stories about alignment problems down here in humboldt. It also needs a bath pretty bad

PICT0115Medium.jpg

It took me longer to get to this update than I was planning on but here it is. I finally got around to giving the mouty a bath the weather just hasn't been cooperating with me.
PICT0152Medium.jpg

Close up of the wheels and the powder coated calipers by Jtsmith
PICT0160Medium.jpg

And the rear suspension stuff that he coated for me
PICT0155Medium.jpg

Now I'm just waiting the get the stuff to lower it from Jon

And here's some things you can expect to see in the coming weeks
PICT0165Medium.jpg

PICT0167Medium.jpg

Very good Eric, and what are the little green lights on the console? I need to find a pair of shackles and perches to clean up for mine. I have a left rear shock that the bolt is seized in the perch(one red shock and one yellow shock).

Back