Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon

As she sits now,
017.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

But it didn't start out like this.

We returned from our trip to Colorado Sept 2009 to find this waiting in the yard.

It needs a few little sumthuns--but it is a great start I do think.
Here is where we begin to take over the work started by trukmajik and dejello

94explorer001.jpg

94explorer003.jpg

94explorer002.jpg

94explorer004.jpg

94explorer007.jpg

94explorer006.jpg

94explorer005.jpg

9-11-2009092.jpg

9-11-2009090.jpg

updated pics ^^^^^how it was when I got it

Now here is how it looks as of 4-1-2010

got the wheels all shiny!

truck002.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

and as of 8-5-2010

IMG_1105.jpg

with swaybar^^^

without sway bar

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

revised shock towers and more flex-Big thanks to Dkchrist for coming over to weld em in. I owe him big time!!

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

With a top

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

LED rock lights

IMG_1925.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, Happy Jack spent a good amount of time with me via email today and came up with this

18426.jpg

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...=Bronco&vi=1105568&keyword=radius+arm+bushing

However Oreilly's say it is a special order part.

Notice the 2 round black thingys? I threw those out when I changed the bushings. My old ones were white though

It just didn't seem right to put them back in, as the worn rubber bushings were so thin it threw me off.

Anyway, autozone sells a relatively inexpensive kit with the nylon bushings included--my new moog bushing kit was short these nylons and 2 of the cupped washers. Autozone part number FA1175

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...ing&store=1602&searchText=&brandName=Duralast

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I'm just guessing but it looks like an Early Bronco 44 front axle SAS. I have an Early Bronco Chiltons and a 65-86 Ford PU Chiltons. I used that for torque specs cause it looks like it wasn't tightened enough and my Son said it looked like the mounting wasn't thick enough. And stock uses a std slotted nut and cotter pin. Pics show maybe a lock nut is being used. So if you use a lock nut the torque would need a bit of adjusting I would think and I would check the threads for burs so you would get a accurate torque reading. I also saw a place on one of the washers that looked like it was hitting the cross member. If that was hanging up it could give a false torque reading.

Anyone have an F-series bracket and could measure thickness?

Jon, we changed the cpu over christmas and I haven't turned on the printer yet. I most likely will have to find and load the drivers. When I get it done, I'll scan the diagrams for the Early Bronco and F-series radius bushings and send them to you.

I had just made the decision it is too cold outside to do anything, when the phone rang.

Seems the neighbors Jeep has a starter issue, and is parked in one of his renter's drive way. " Think you can tow it back home for me?"

heh heh.

When he decides he needs it home I will be sure to get pictures of this. :D

Well, cool. Now 4x4 is not working, however it did just the other night--
I could have sworn I parked it in 4wd but am not 100% positive.

Maybe it is too cold, but I do not hear the relay in the 4wd box clicking when I push the 4wd button. I could have bumped wiring when I routed it, or when I installed the fender liners????

Can someone show me a good shift motor troubleshooting thread please?

edit, nevermind. I wasn;t looking in the right place--here it is

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202166

I know, and that may come. I really want the button--:D

I stand corrected. To be honest I have a plugged up ear right now, the relays do click after all.I just couldn't hear them.

So, Now to look the shift motor over real good. I really want to tow that Jeep home with this thing.

I may have to use my son's Mounty though, just to be sure we can dish out the proper humiliation.

Thanks Danny that worked!!

It's an Explorer thing and now another Jeep understands-:D

1-5-10001.jpg

1-5-10002.jpg

All I really did was drag it out of the driveway, then attached to the front to pull start it.

Thanks Danny that worked!!

Thats great.. now get under there and pull/rebuild that shift motor so you don't have to have someone whack the motor :)

~Mark

Poor Pat!!:D Had his head hanging low. :D It's all good Pat were all friends.

Way to go Jon! NEXT!! :p: No frost bite on the ears Jon!

Let see some action shots of white beast in some deep snow!

Let see some action shots of white beast in some deep snow!

Need a photographer!!:D

One thing notable, if the heater is blasting, it really isn't too bad in the front seat, even without the top.

I still haven't fixed the radius arm bushings yet either, but I want to disconnect the front sway bar quick links and get some flex shots. The city is dumping snow down at the river park.

I'm sure the fun will wear off, and ya'll aren't really impressed but hey I don't get this very often. I feel like I saw color tv for the first time--

I'm sure the fun will wear off, and ya'll aren't really impressed but hey I don't get this very often. I feel like I saw color tv for the first time--

You ain't alone in this club.:mad:

Need a photographer!!:D

One thing notable, if the heater is blasting, it really isn't too bad in the front seat, even without the top.

We should get togather this weekend and get some pic's taken!! Would be fun to play alittle.

And it's not to bad in the front seat with the heater going. Joshua was alittle chiled the other day! :D Still worth the ride.

Glad to see she's goin strong

looks warm over there in that convertible! LOL

so nice to see it rolling

my oem shift motor lasted to 200K, I rebuilt it and it still works today, but I did replace it with another, newer unit I got later and rebuilt...

when you get the rebuild and adjustment down (its easy) they will last forever... a little bend on the brass contacts here, some plastic tubing there, clean brushes, clean, grease, install & adjust.... good as new! its pretty solid unit

If you ever do find yourself without 4x4 on the trail 10mm socket and a pair of channel locks are all you need to shift it yourself, with big ass tires its easy!!

I love my 1988 Touch Drive 4x4

(pssst I would love a twin stick D20 or atlas twice as much though LOL)

Back