Hid kits cheap | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hid kits cheap

sure, im about to run to the gym and i can snap a picture or two of here while im out. ill have it up in a couple hours.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here ya go, my lights are a little dirty (Its breakup here in alaska so EVERYTHING is dirty right now). so they appear a little yellow, they are actualy PURE white, i will take additional pics here in a few weeks. i took some pics of all of my lighting mods. so here is about 10 pics.

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

Well, i just got off the phone with hidextra.com and since i accidently made 2 orders, and the money was already taken from my account, i asked if they could just alter the 2nd order instead of cancel it...

so now i have ( 9006-8000K Lo's ) and ( 9145-8000K Fog's ) on order, and per the very nice lady i spoke with i should have them both by thursday or friday...

thanks Zero for swaying me to take the plunge all in one shot, and your prob right. down the road i prob would have upgraded anyway...

Zero - check your PM also...

just got my 10000k in the mail, hopefully going to get around to installing them tomorrow

PICTURES!! BOTH OF YOU!! lol.

easy fella lol hahahaha

currently in the same boat with rocket...

zero- i love those leds but where did you get them? I have tried too many leds over the past month and everytime they are not bright enough or do not fit

to answer the cheap hid answer- i ordered the vvme 6000k kit just for my low-beams so i could try them out and see how much i like them before i put them in my fogs. the first ballast went bad after a month but after ordering a replacement i have had no more problems so far..
one thing to be careful of is when a part fails, will the company you order from charge you to replace it? vvme charged me $15 to mail out a new ballast and $15 when i needed to order a new bulb (broke the original trying to put it in)

zero- i love those leds but where did you get them? I have tried too many leds over the past month and everytime they are not bright enough or do not fit

to answer the cheap hid answer- i ordered the vvme 6000k kit just for my low-beams so i could try them out and see how much i like them before i put them in my fogs. the first ballast went bad after a month but after ordering a replacement i have had no more problems so far.. one thing i can say i dont like is that the 6000k looks more purple than white or blue in my housings but i heard over the first few months they lighten up..
one thing to be careful of is when a part fails, will the company you order from charge you to replace it? vvme charged me $15 to mail out a new ballast and $15 when i needed to order a new bulb (broke the original trying to put it in)

why is every other word pizza ?

It amazes me what people will do to others in order to stand out and look "cool". :rolleyes:

alright so i installed em, with a few concerns. one is the locking ring that is supposed to hold the bulb in place cant be used on these, same with the watertight cover that covers the bulb. they look great but for some reason the passenger side sometime works and then doesnt work. idk what the problem is but im goin to look into it this weekend. other then that, these things took 5min to install and are a great deal. definately happy with my purchase. oh and ill try to get some pics up soon.

dont use your auto headlights. or they wont always work. if its still a problem, IMEDIATELY call your supplier, you have a defective system. if hte old bulbs always worked, so will the HID's.

zerodevil - I like those interior lights, looks good!

I got mine installed as well yesterday, and the difference is amazing !!!

i had no issues with my install, i spent a total of 30 minutes installing the head lights, and fog lights. One thing i noticed is that the fog's have a stronger color blue than the headlights, but i assume that is because the lense is smaller so the light is a little more concentrated in a smaller space.

pictures will be posted later today when i get off work, and the sun starts to set... so roughly in between 7 and 8 EST, they should be up...

that is exactly why cald, also the fogs have glass covers instead of plasic (Difference in thickness and material effect relfective paterns!). make sure you propperly secure the ballasts, letting them rattle around will kill them VERY quickly. The kits i ordered came with mounting brackets, very handy.

Illjim69: they are one of my favorite mods, interior visibility is WAY higher than before, my puddle lamps are the same color.

Balla7733: I got ALL of the LED's from V-leds.com, they are rather expensive (i have over 400 dollers worth of LED's from them in just my truck). but the quality and brightness are beyond question. My front running lights are called switch backs, they are white untill i use a turn signal, then they turn amber untill the signal is turned off, then return to white... one of my favorite mods also. they are the Type 2.

LOOKING FORWARD to pic's guys!! the roads are drying up here so im going to get my rig washed today, might throw some new picks up as well.

I wasnt aware the fog lense's were glass ? any idea what the reason is behind that ?

my next light mod, will be black housings like you ZERO.

if i had to guess, id say they were glass because they were lower to the ground, and thus more susceptable to rock and other impacts, glass is stronger than plastic after all. Make sure you get the black corners too! black housings with yellow corners looks a little tacky lol. i got mine as a set off ebay for around 90 bucks if i remember right, they are just an already painted ford set. so they are OEM. they should look pretty damn fine on a silver vehicle too!

absolultey sir !

i plan on getting my muffler, and tip installed next on the X. Then by the end of May ( my birthday ) i will have the black housings...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CALDWELL- It's 10pm and I don't see pics, starting to get mad........

Back