Xlt explorer custom_s 1997 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xlt explorer custom_s 1997

Sweet! im loving your truck even more!

What did you do to the buttons on the steering wheel?

Also, its weird seeing the drivers side on that side of the truck. And your shifter isn't on the steering column, its in the center. Thats awesome!

yeah the cruise control button i have to modify it just to make it look different 'cos in Australia its very hard to get a good working order all of them the silicone are falling apart so i made it up with carbonfiber cover with an LED light in the background.... :) thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha kinda rare here to. Just not a fan of trucks with the auto shifter on the floor. VERY car like

Fitted a New Black Projector Headlight Assembly and internals been modified for beam cutoff...

13.jpg

Custom roof cage basket as I cant get the proper size that i want, either small or too big so i made one to suit....

Haha kinda rare here to. Just not a fan of trucks with the auto shifter on the floor. VERY car like

yeah same here my friend, i like it manual but i have no choice but its good enough... ;)

Looking great! What type of locker were you going to put in the rear? Also have you managed to find one yet for the explorer? I found that LOKKA do a mechanical locker for the front, for $360 delivered to Melbourne.

Looking great! What type of locker were you going to put in the rear? Also have you managed to find one yet for the explorer? I found that LOKKA do a mechanical locker for the front, for $360 delivered to Melbourne.

about the lockers im planning to get a no-slip lockers ços dont like the ratchet soud on the aussie lockers, they advised me go for the no-slip...

is mechanical lockers good? hows that work?

could you please let me know where i can get lockers locally in Australia, that would be a good help my friend...

Got into the deadend and trying to get over this hill, then it felt like i needed a front lockers as the other wheel kept spinning and it kinda struggle to get up. i tried couple of times in different angle then it did the job... (I think if i have a lockers on front this should be easy right?)

21.jpg

Are you 4wd or 2wd?

I love those headlights! Where'd you get them, and how much did they cost?! I might invest in them.

I just love this Black Projector Headlight, except the halo light.....

project.jpg

But hows the lighting on the road, better than before? :australia

I love those headlights! Where'd you get them, and how much did they cost?! I might invest in them.

yeah, got them from online parts and its around $300USD... i'll PM you the details....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

But hows the lighting on the road, better than before? :australia

def its a YES..! its 101% brighter and better... i can even see my light when ever im just under the street lights, i have installed a HID and its very sharp and direct on the road because of the projector lens....
Not like a standard lens soon you installed HID its kinda blury and its all over the road, then few drivers a head may think your in high beam...

I heared here in NSW HID gonna be illegal if you dont have a Projector light, but who knows when.... ;)

Back