Another OHV M90 build | Page 74 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another OHV M90 build

2000 OHV + rpcaster + henson performance = another supercharged 4.0 ohv Explorer

I have goodies from James already (New MAF, 36lb injectors, wideband O2 for tuning)

Here's what came from Ron (Also a fuel pressure gauge and boost/vacuum gauge)

Attachments

• rpcaster.jpg
    rpcaster.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3,588

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 36 pounders and a lightning maf.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=1595

Good read on a/f ratios, and exactly why James tunes our aftermarket fi motors to a ratio of 11

yea without being ic or tuned on a dyno that makes total sense.i think he runs alot more timing than most tuners also because ive never had any detonation issues.after this build im going to ask my guy to put some more timing into it.i think my guy runs a little leaner but less timing.you still running the same plugs or did you switch back?feeling more power with the new tunes?

o i was wrong about my ratio,its set to 12 and gets little richer as boost increases
2012-06-12210140-1_zps783dc923.jpg

Which line is your timing advance? My A/F ratio is like Tims. Were in the 14's driving around, and WOT goes just below 11.

When I get a chance, I'll do my WOT pull (Locked trans pull from a stop on the highway) and then see If I can figure out how to graph my RPM's against A/F, and Timing. Im not exactly an excel guru, but I don't think its hard to figure out.

I have left my TR7ix plugs in. No signs of detonation. Im going to leave them in. What ever James changed fixed the issue.

Im at 10lbs boost. Power? After being in Tims truck, power seems low. Hahaha. A strong v8's going to beat a strong v6 9 times out of 10. Maybe I should stay at 10lbs boost and look at nitrous? If could find a used nitrous kit...................

Which line is your timing advance? My A/F ratio is like Tims. Were in the 14's driving around, and WOT goes just below 11.

When I get a chance, I'll do my WOT pull (Locked trans pull from a stop on the highway) and then see If I can figure out how to graph my RPM's against A/F, and Timing. Im not exactly an excel guru, but I don't think its hard to figure out.

I have left my TR7ix plugs in. No signs of detonation. Im going to leave them in. What ever James changed fixed the issue.

Im at 10lbs boost. Power? After being in Tims truck, power seems low. Hahaha. A strong v8's going to beat a strong v6 9 times out of 10. Maybe I should stay at 10lbs boost and look at nitrous? If could find a used nitrous kit...................

It doesnt show timing.it just show three pulls.a 3.2 pull, a 2.7 pull with stock rpm limter and last a 2.7 with 6200 rpm.left side is afr,right side is boost and bottom is rpm.like james he doesnt release that, but he told me that he set it to a "safe"level.

10lbs of boost isnt going to be the same on a v8 compared to a v6 (based on 0 restrictions) but yea 9 out of 10 a v8 with same mods is going to pull way harder.he also has a sport and probably has 4.10 gears, what gears do you have again? If you go NOS I sure wouldnt go very big shot(50hp max), being this is your dd you probably should just say you have reached its limits or should have put forged pistons in.I say up it to 12lbs and be happy;)

Double post:(

i did a wot for james yesterday. it was reading 10.5 ish, but he did tell me thats what he adjusted it to. the last was 9.5. with the current pulley i have on, and a gauge i have trust in, its only making 6 pounds, tops. i do however have one more pulley to slap on :D. like i said don, you really cant compare the two trucks. we know that i have 2 more cylinders, i would say at min, 200lb weight advantage, and 4.10's, plus a shift kit.

i did a wot for james yesterday. it was reading 10.5 ish, but he did tell me thats what he adjusted it to. the last was 9.5. with the current pulley i have on, and a gauge i have trust in, its only making 6 pounds, tops. i do however have one more pulley to slap on :D. like i said don, you really cant compare the two trucks. we know that i have 2 more cylinders, i would say at min, 200lb weight advantage, and 4.10's, plus a shift kit.

O man I bet that thing pulls HARD!! You really cant compare them.I think depending on what gears don has, that regearing to 4.10 would be the safest and next best thing to do.especially in a big heavy 4 door or if he has under 3.73 gears.makes a huge difference.

Ya, I'm 373 on the gears. I really don't want to go 411's as it affects my highway driveability/mileage.

Your right JD, I think Im about done. Not much more to be squeezed out of my motor without trashing it.

Ya, I'm 373 on the gears. I really don't want to go 411's as it affects my highway driveability/mileage.

Your right JD, I think Im about done. Not much more to be squeezed out of my motor without trashing it.

Ya your good with 3.73.

Are we really ever "done" tho:D sure you could squeez a bunch more but how reliable would it be, that would have me worried for a dd:(im sure when James is done he will have gotten more outa it too

I have 36 pounders and a lightning maf.

Wow.. when I did my setup and asked James about injectors he seemed to tell me he didn't tune (guessing he just doesn't like it) anything less than 42lb on a forced induction setup. Are 36 pounders the stock redtops?

I cant even remember what color they were.
James was the one that sold them to me, so I'm hoping they are ok for my application.

I wouldn't think I'd be pushing them past their max duty cycle.

:salute:
Wow.. when I did my setup and asked James about injectors he seemed to tell me he didn't tune (guessing he just doesn't like it) anything less than 42lb on a forced induction setup. Are 36 pounders the stock redtops?

Red should be 30lbs.glad you brought this up now because I bought what I though and was advertised as 36Lbs but I know for 100% mine are green which normally is 42Lbs.I was tuned to 36Lbs so wonder how thats working out:(
DON if you ever get a sec can you check yours to see what color they are, if you can see them or have a old pic.

19Lbs on left and what I thought was 36Lbs on right
old19new36_zps99b66ed9.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzford_injector_guide_zpsa3df83db.jpg

Where did you find that pic on injectors? It is wrong. Thunderbird turbo coupes had the brown top injector, 89-93 Thunderbird super coupes had red top injectors and 94-95 Thunderbird super coupes had blue top injectors.

And they sell an adapter of the one that has the wrong plug.

LOL haha.

Where did you find that pic on injectors? It is wrong. Thunderbird turbo coupes had the brown top injector, 89-93 Thunderbird super coupes had red top injectors and 94-95 Thunderbird super coupes had blue top injectors.

And they sell an adapter of the one that has the wrong plug.

Yea it appears that you cant go by the color. ..because mine are green and they came out a thunder bird supercoupe:eek: lol I found the part number on my flow sheet plus it shows right on there what they flowed haha:D

It sounds like the injector thing is sorted out, but I'll still look for an injector (James sent me ones out of a v8, so I have 2 laying around the garage somewhere) and take a picture.

Im sure I'm not leaning out, or at WOT, Id see my a/f ratio go high. 36's seem to be ok for my motor.

Back