What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

No but here’s the back seats. The fronts match this pattern. The fronts are very similar to the ranger seats in 90/91.
While those rears are also cleanclean, they are common. Looked into it, the seats were probably cross-stock supply for late ranger or bronco II. Most likely ranger with that matching console. Never seen in an Explorer before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While those rears are also cleanclean, they are common. Looked into it, the seats were probably cross-stock supply for late ranger or bronco II. Most likely ranger with that matching console. Never seen in an Explorer before.
My 91 XLT had those seats, in the medium grey interior.

I have to second the detroit locker that was mentioned a few post ago have one in the hot rod ranger and it takes the abuse of launching at the track and is okay for daily driving if you dont mind the looks you get when you are in a parking lot chirping all over.

That looks like a fun trail. I always liked tail gunning more than trail leading. You get to watch everyone wheel, and enjoy the scenery more.

I would suggest a Detroit locker. I have had mine in my 1994 for 15+ years now and it still functions perfectly. The only thing you have to pay attention to on pavement is accelerating from a stop while making sharp right or left turns because the inside tire will chirp. Powertrax No Slip is a good lunchbox locker if you are on a budget. I think mine only failed because I had 5:13 gears and we had to trim the center pin down on one side to get it installed. I got a new one under warranty and sold it to help finance the Detroit. Selectable lockers get real expensive. I have a elocker in my D44 front axle and it has also functioned perfectly since 2013. Had a ARB in my D35 TTB before that, and that was old when I got it. Worked great, but sometimes it wouldn't want to unlock right away.

How much air pressure is in your tires while on the trail? Airing down (15-18lbs) really makes a huge difference in traction.
I was aired down to around 20 psi on this trail, I've had quite a few early Bronco's with Detroit's in the fronts/rears this Explorer will get towed on a tow dolly behind our class A motorhome that's why I'm going with a selectable locker this time if I decide to upgrade it.

I've flat towed my Explorer for thousands of miles with a Detroit. Is there supposed to be a issue?

I FINALLY got a working motor for the driver's door...the 2 used ones were dead. 3rd was a brand new one for 42 bucks. When I took out the original, was able to manually pull up the window - and greased the very dry tracks on the regulator. Put in the new one, wasn't aligned with the regulator. It didn't move the window. Put the door back together, and, voila! The new motor had aligned itself and now it works like a charm. I think the biggest problem had been the lack of grease on the tracks. I'm going to take the other 3 door panels off and put grease on the tracks as 2 of them are rather slow. And spray in some Fluid Film on the inside door metal skins.

Replaced my fuel pressure regulator today smoothed out my idle pretty good

Attachments

• 20210923_125154.jpg
    20210923_125154.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 76

That's awesome! Reminds me of my ranger! It hasn't been out in awhile since I'm hunting a vaccum leak.

Screenshot_20210924-180900.jpg

Would you believe...Turned the ignition switch today, got a click, AND the sound of a window motor skipping...(window already up)! Seems I now have a bad window master switch! So I've ordered a replacement, meanwhile after charging the dead battery, guess I'll find out what happens when I disconnect the window switch. Should have taken the advice and ordered one at the beginning...However, all worked fine for 3 days before that. Sure hopes that takes care of that finally. Other possibilities?

Took off the seat covers and arm rest cover that’s been on my 1991 since 1990. I’m loving this thing more and more everyday. Slowly getting it cleaned up and ready for paint.

A3AFD410-3AB5-4919-AEF3-E79C8F7459DB.jpeg

DCAE5639-16C0-44B8-AF32-C67D36FF696A.jpeg

C57B6358-ED3D-4077-8761-C0851D934EFD.jpeg

Thanks. My wife was actually cool with posing them for a picture. She actually took the photo. 😎
Wives that are cool with car habits are keepers.. wives that participate are angels!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back