Lots of new stuff. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lots of new stuff.

I've ordered a few things lately, and I will post plenty of pics once they are all installed.

Here's a list:

***Front Bumper from CRL Customs
***Rancho RS 9000X shocks
***Fiberglass Fenders - 5" flare from Fiberwerx
***Fiberglass hood from Explorer Express
*Warrior shackles for a bit more lift
*Torsion Twist
*Ford Racing hood pin kit
***Four PIAA 80 Pro XT lights
***Two PIAA 520 fog lights
***Warn D-ring shackles
*Classic Tube 8" extended SS braided brake lines
***Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
***200 amp alternator

Pics to follow!

EDIT: The * items have arrived. The *** items are installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i cant wait to see the hood with the fenders. Youve always had one of my most favorite offroad X's because it has a sporty look with the large rims, and the cowl hood is extra bonus points for looking cool while still being very capapable.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well thank you very much. It's very gratifying to hear that my X is appreciated. I also can't wait to see the truck after it's done!

Don't worry, LOTS of pics will be posted!

EDIT: Just ordered some SS braided brake lines from Classic Tube. They are 8" longer then stock, so I'll have plenty of room for future projects!

Pics of Fenders (not mounted yet).

Here are the fenders.

4434fender-01.jpg

Here's the side so you can see the flare.

4434fender-02.jpg

4434fender-03.jpg

When I compared them to the stock fenders, I realized that I could easily fit 35's wihtout any more lift. These things give TONS of room. Top, front, and back, plenty of room. The back fender is another story though...

Of course, I'm lifting it more anyway... :D

More Parts.

The Ford Racing hood pins arrived today, along with a Ford Racing Catalog. Can't wait to get that hood on!

4434ford-racing-hood-pins.jpg

The bumper is here!!!

It came in this moring. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning at the freight terminal! Probably going to get it installed on Monday.

Subscribe

Thought I allready was... Anyways its looking awesome man. Keep the pics a comin' :D

First set of bumper pics.

Here are the first pics of the bumper (not mounted yet :( ). Also got the first winch mount from Cory. Two clevis mounts, and an extra set of light mounts.

4434bumper-01.jpg

4434bumper-02.jpg

4434bumper-03.jpg

4434bumper-04.jpg

looking good man can't wait to see it when its totally complete...keep us updated...laterz

adam

Hey Doc, what kind of lift do you have, suspension or body. If it's body, how did you get your hitch to locate perfectly under the bumper.

Originally posted by the R
Hey Doc, what kind of lift do you have, suspension or body. If it's body, how did you get your hitch to locate perfectly under the bumper.

I did an SOA in back and 3" ProComp spindles in front. I have some Warrior shackles ready to go on, and some torsion bar twisting to do. I'm bidding on some 4 dorr leaf springs to bolt on also. All told I should get another 2-3" of lift. That should be ebough for 35's. I'm just waiting for some extended brake lines to arrive.

I'm trying to stay away from a body lift. I just don't like how the frame shows underneath. Also, you don't have to worry about your hitch!

No.

Originally posted by jssong
any pics of the hood?

No pics of the hood, becuase IT HASN'T GOTTEN HERE YET!!!!! I'm going nuts waiting for it. I've got all this cool stuff just waiting to be mounted. I could just do it piece by piece, but I'd rather get it all done at once.

I called Explorer Express and they called the place to check exactly when it was shipped, but they were already closed (damn East cost closes too early :p ). They're going to call on Monday to find out. Maybe it'll just show up tomorrow! Then I'll get it all done this weekend. Well excpet the painting. Gotta find a resonable palce to paint it. Last place I went to wanted $800 to paint the hood and fenders! Can you freaking belive that. They said they were going to use really good paint and lots of clearcoat to make it look nice. Great, so it won't match the scratched up paint on the rest of the truck. Nope, just going to find a reasonably cheap place that can match the paint. It'll be easier after I get it mounted as they can see it first hand and give a realistic quote.

This is what it looks like.

Here are some pics of a hood just like it:

4434hood_06.jpg

4434hood_07.jpg

And of course I got some cool hood pins to frost the cake. :D

are the hood pins necessary? or can you mount the hood without them safely?

Originally posted by jssong
are the hood pins necessary? or can you mount the hood without them safely?

No, just to look cool. The hood has a steel sub-frame, but it just looks right on a hood like that.

I also went out and biught a bunch of Grade 8 hardware to mount the bumper and winch plate.

Just wondering if you have any updates? Have you installed the wheel spacers yet, I'd like to see a picture of them!! Compliments on the truck!!!

Originally posted by Black Magic
I vote, NO, on the hood pins. Screws up the look of the clean hood, IMO.

I defintaly agree, dont use them unless you have to.

Originally posted by Black Magic
I vote, NO, on the hood pins. Screws up the look of the clean hood, IMO.

But then the hood would be the only clean part of my X. Everything else is already all "cluttered!" I was actually going to wait to see how it looked after it was all painted.

I have not mounted the spacers yet. I was going to do it after I got the fenders on, so the tires wouldn't hit the old steel fenders.

Back