2020 Official Colorado Color Run | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Official Colorado Color Run

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2275727C-3FFC-49D4-8935-E4207A76B32A.png

We will be in space 93

Haven't touched the Bronco or the Toyota! I am planning on modifying the t-case skid plate and removing the rear sway bar on the Bronco this weekend, then give it a quick once over. The only thing the Toyota is going to get is loaded on the trailer.

Smoke from the fires is here. :( Not sure if its from the ones here in Colorado (had 2 more start this week) or from Cali, but it started Sunday and by mid day yesterday visibility was down to under a mile. Last night you could actually see the ash floating in the air through a flashlight beam. We do need everyone to pray, send good vibes, etc.... fro some rain and or a shift in the wind. I don't want anyone that's coming to miss out on the endless views.

Wish I was coming to this one! Give me a couple of years to get this place all sorted out then Ill wheel with you dudes
Have fun be safe! take pics!! Ill hold down the fort

People are sharing pictures of ash covered property, in & around the San Juans. :(

The forecast is showing rain every single day from today and thru next week, so hopefully that helps out a bunch! NOAA even shows smoke, as part of the forecast for today & tomorrow.

Now I wish I built a hard shell Teardrop trailer to sleep inside of. 🤣

Guess I better pack a couple extra fire extinguishers for the tents. 🧯

my neighbors back in Conifer CO are also getting ash on their porch..........
smart to keep suppressors around

Hard shell teardrop WITH metal roof

This trip sounds like a lot more fun that what I have planned for the week. Moving my daughter into her condo, cleaning out my parents house of 50+ years of stuff, dealing with trust and estate issues, fun.

I know I was a maybe but it turns out I won't be able to make it... I have a small lawn mowing business and I just picked up an additional 25 lawns (on top of what I do each week) for the rest of the season (and I'm about to start aerating so add that in also... I really wanted to go, but hopefully next time!!

I looked up Yankee Boy Basin since I wasn't familiar with the trail. Oh man I'm so excited. Can't wait for Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday!!! It's almost here!
9E5B891F-040B-49CA-8852-227DA42A589E.jpeg
192E3753-FF4A-43D9-A52F-A4A302A1CAA6.jpeg

Anyone have a spare handheld cb I could borrow? I only have a VHF

We left earlier today, and taking our time, but only because the trans keeps hitting 235 degrees, and it feels like the brakes are dragging.

Went down hill and lost speed, instead of increasing speed.

Will find a room tonight and work on it in the morning. The new brake booster is most likely dragging either the fronts or rears. Well hope that is why.

Engine load is reading 96 and having a hard time keeping speed with gear shifting all over. Hit 4500 rpms on a not so steep hill, so need to figure this out before we hit the Colorado climbs.

Another adventure is unfolding. Lol

Anyone have a spare handheld cb I could borrow? I only have a VHF

I don't have a handheld, but I've got a mobile unit you could maybe install in the console or glovebox, with a magnet mount antenna out the window? (I'll have to see if I can find the antenna) Let me know if you're interested.

I dont have an extra CB but I will also have my VHF radio. What frequency do you usually monitor?

I usually just bring my handheld VHF and match whatever frequency the group is using. I rarely see anyone using a cb anymore. But the best type of radio is the one the group is using.

I don't have a handheld, but I've got a mobile unit you could maybe install in the console or glovebox, with a magnet mount antenna out the window? (I'll have to see if I can find the antenna) Let me know if you're interested.

Sounds like that could work

Yea you're right about the CBs. But I need both, and haven't gotten around to getting a handheld VHF yet. One group I wheel with (mostly seniors... Well 50 and up) uses CBs another group (mostly 20s and 30s) use VHF.

Oh no! What's the issue? Is it the brakes?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Steering rack blew.
Front diff locker won't disconnect.

Diff got so hot, it boiled over, then super heated the rack, and blew the seals when it boiled over.

Rig is at a local shop on a rack right now. Going to attempt to install a 5.0 rack tonight, but it might not work for replacing the 4.0 rack.

Needs a new pump as it is full of metal now. Have to Denver for it on Monday.

Back