2023 Lincoln Reserve Ordered (HOLD ORDER?) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2023 Lincoln Reserve Ordered (HOLD ORDER?)

The Aviator was finally delivered to the dealership on Sept. 29th. One very small minor scratch on the right rear fender that is very difficult to see.
Overall, very happy with the vehicle. It had about 80 km on it and that was largely due to it being one of the 'tested' vehicles according to the sticker that was on it.

Peter

The Aviator was finally delivered to the dealership on Sept. 29th. One very small minor scratch on the right rear fender that is very difficult to see.
Overall, very happy with the vehicle. It had about 80 km on it and that was largely due to it being one of the 'tested' vehicles according to the sticker that was on it.

Peter
Peter - I read your original post last year that you'd given-in and ordered a '23 Aviator. I've been wondering for awhile why I hadn't seen your review of the new toy. I finally searched today and found the thread with your history. Oh my, what a nightmare you've been through. Now that you finally have it, when the time is right I'd like to hear how it compares to the '20 we both have (had)! How did the last minute lease drama play out for you?

/park

Hi Park. Yes, it was quite an adventure. Almost 11 months to the day from order to delivery. The 2023 is much like the 2020 except they deleted the hands-free/foot-activated liftgate which I already miss. The Heads Up Display (HUD) is a nice feature. I don't think the phone charger works on my old Samsung A20 which does have a case on it. I didn't have a charger in my 2020 and never missed it. I charge my phone at home and never am away long enough for it to require recharging. Besides, I can always use the car adapter if I ever need it. The Phone As A Key (PAAK) works to some degree but so far I haven't been able to get the full advantage of it. I believe that may also be due to the age of the phone as when setting it up a warning showed saying the phone may not be able to provide all functions. Not a big deal as I always was the keyfob with me anyway.
No issues with the lease on the 2020 and this one is also on a 48-month lease. The dealer gave me a credit of $8000 on the 2020 and worked that into the deal along with $4500 in rebates etc. The 2020 had 11,599 km (7,200 mi) on it.

Peter

Back