44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari (TDS) Who's in? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari (TDS) Who's in?

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
All the regulars know the routine but for anyone who hasn't been there before
this is a huge event at Truckhaven put on by the Tierra Del Sol 4 wheel drive club of San Diego.
You do not have to register to attend this event but they do have several runs going on throughout the weekend which you would sign up for. None of us from the board sign up for the organized runs simply because there are to many vehicles to follow and it's slow going. There's enough to see and do with our own little group.
If you do register for the event there is also a big raffle on Sat. night but you are not obligated to sign up for any of the runs.

Camping: There was talk of us camping out on the bluffs somewhere of hwy S22...Anyone want to clarify?

Here's the link with all the info regarding registration and whatnot:
http://www.tds4x4.com/tds_safari/safari.htm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DB_1 said:
Camping: There was talk of us camping out on the bluffs somewhere of hwy S22...Anyone want to clarify?
Yes, right here. :)

1600TH21.jpg

I'm in as well. :thumbsup:

I'm a hopeful maybe :D

Bummer. Already have plans for Hollister. They are going to run timed runs in the tank trap!

Provided I am not out of town for work I am in.

I'm IN

I'm in, but is that the first closed road heading westbound on S-22, or the first heading east?? And.............can I get the RV up that road? Maybe I should ask like this....is it the same place we camped a few years ago for TDS?

As heading east bound in a motorhome: When you come to the first road closed sign exit there. Instead of going up the "closed road. take the dirt road heading up the side. It would be at about 10:00 direction as you are coming down s22 eastnbound. Follow the dirt road up till you get to where the second road closed sign road comes up and camping just to the right. nice and flat.

Well thank you very much. I know which road you are refering too now, and I will see you all there! I just need to check the wind before I park the RV so I don't get any more holes in my awning from our massive campfire. :cool:
Its nice to have arial photos of camping spots.

Another nice thing about up there is the crappers over at Ootillo wells are a minute drive from camp.

RockRanger said:
Another nice thing about up there is the crappers over at Ootillo wells are a minute drive from camp.
We used to camp there when I was a kid before it was the Ocotillo OHV area. Used to call it the cove because we camped against the hillside that S-22 comes down, between the wash and the end of the hill. Nice spot for motorcycles.

BKennedy said:
Its nice to have arial photos of camping spots.
I know, isn't it cool? Just wait 'till the T-haven movie comes out with the video I took. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping Stuc-O uses that video anyway. Otherwise I'll have to release my own film on the same night to give him some competition. :p

Speaking of Stic-O, how come he hasn't posted here yet?

Jefe said:
Speaking of Stic-O, how come he hasn't posted here yet?

His wifes third cousion's half sister's, daughters, son is getting his first hair cut that day and he has to be there to film it it with the stic-o cam. :p :rolleyes: :D

RockRanger said:
His wifes third cousion's half sister's, daughters, son is getting his first hair cut that day and he has to be there to film it it with the stic-o cam. :p :rolleyes: :D
OMG. I just spewed my "non-Dr. Pepper" drink!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man oh man to be so close to T Haven.
I was talking about that place last night with my friends, Mike, the guy I took out there for his first 4x4 trip ever, told several pucker factor stories.
Lets see the movie!!!

Maybe next year I can make TDS

Back