70 camaro in rehab | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

70 camaro in rehab

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here you go Jon!!

Thanks everyone for you nice comments. And some other bad azz camaro owners on here as well.

Well Insurance paid up fast! very surprised and happy about that. Here our some pic's of the redo. Pretty much went back the same way she was.
005.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

And our new fire bottle mounted so I can reach it fast.
006.jpg

Jon for my birthday bought this for me. Was very fitting and I drank it by myself:D
003.jpg

002-1.jpg

Was able to put her all back togather in time for Iola Ks. farm city days car show. And I proud to say we took 1st place in the 67-81 Camro class. Only me and my buddys 71 Z-28 R.I.P. burnt to the ground last summer. Here we our with our plauqe.

Beeeeeautiful!!!!

Wow, what a great story. Building a car with your youngster is a great way to spend time together. When my boy was young I would get him to help me while working on houses and cars etc. He didn't really develop a strong interest in that stuff but whatever. We got to spend time together.

I am so glad you got through the fire and it's back the way it was.

Great car!

Here's a little video Joshua made for me!! Got to love the boy!!
th_movie12-1-2010.jpg

After the fire we've taken the warrior on a few road trips. And just enjoyed the new paint job and all the stares and complaments. UNTIL last June!!! Had taken one of Joshuas buddy for a ride. Now I don't do burn outs and such,but I will get on it at times. well I thought I do a burn out in front of the house. Just a small one then into the drive way.So here we go ^%@&@what was that*&&^^&& Well there went the transmission&^%&@ All I could say was at least it went in front of the house.Pulled right into the drive way and parked her. Time for OD SWAP!!!So into the shop she went.
004-14.jpg

002-16.jpg

Now you can't just change the trans.. So I ordered B&M'S Pro Ratchet Sfifter. And Adding a trans temp gauge I ordered Auto Meter Phantum gauges trans, oil pressure, Water temp and a new Phantum 8 grand Tach.. Oh yeah it's a 700R4 trans.
007-18.jpg

008-14.jpg

006-20.jpg

005-21.jpg

Also Last summer we installed a new sound system. Picked up a sony explode receiver and 4x6 & 6x9 speakers I put all 4 speakers in the rear deck shelve. Old School style.
031-1.jpg

029-2.jpg

028-2.jpg

Someone asked earlier "IF" I was going to let Joshua drive her. Well she started out being his if he graduates from high school!! But I think hr is going to take the ex from me making me have to find a new ride. Here is Joshuas frist time
behind the wheel.
th_024-4.jpg

Well that pretty much brings us up to date. I will keep up from now on until you get tried of see her.

If anyone is thinking about an OD swap in your older car or truck "DO IT" Was so worth every penny I spent.:rolleyes:

Well now I need to do a thread for the "MONSTER" I forgot about that??? So until next time. Be Safe!!!

glad to see the camaro is alive and kicking again!

Well now that she is finished for the most part. I'm thinking of selling her???
Thinking about a trailer & nice rig with four doors for pulling the exploer around.
I would interested in trade if what you have is nice.I'm not going to trade for junk. I figure what I have is worth $15,000 so go from there. Times are tuff I know,you never know what can happen.

Back