70 camaro in rehab | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

70 camaro in rehab

Mark, it's been a while since I checked this thread. It looks AWESOME. I remember when we met last summer you told me about this Camaro you had that was a bit of an eyesore. I don't think you have that problem anymore. :D

Nice work to you, Jonny and Joshua.

p.s. Nice haircut my friend. Looks much more civilized. :D

Can't do green!! Now I like the purple Maybe a dark blue?? But I do like the Idea.

My vote is blue for sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CELLY!!! THANKS MAN!! I'm going to go blue oval blue as a matter of fact!

if it dosen't cost to much:mad:

But here our some new pic's today with new wheels. Another fine Idea by a turdle. Who woulda thought!! lol!! I love the new LOOK! we hope we can squezza one more time in the booth and do the trim rings/center caps silver.
joshuasparksPICS366.jpg

joshuasparksPICS365.jpg

joshuasparksPICS370.jpg

joshuasparksPICS371.jpg

Can't leave out Joshua he's a big help at alot times! :salute:

joshuasparksPICS352.jpg

joshuasparksPICS355.jpg

joshuasparksPICS351.jpg

He has help in more ways then he'll ever know!

In the frist pic you can really see how well the bumper and head light ring looks silver.

Thanks colin! Thanks also for the pin stripe idea, going to find out if I can afford it now!

Rally wheels look much better. Nice work!

I disagree. I like the ralleys much better. It's the color matching center that I really don't like.

WOW! It's been longer then I thought. Jon said if I didn't up date this thread he was going to get me banned. There has been some Major changes since I was last here. Froader came up with a really good Idea and it was going to cosh $250 so I said NO!

Well for some reason The clear coat started to peel:mad: Then I thought pin stripe:D!! So here's that!
joshuasparksPICS426.jpg

joshuasparksPICS424.jpg

I think this is the best pic I have of the pin stripe. And I told them I wanted it the color of his 2008/9 blue oval on his grill. So that's what I got!
joshuasparksPICS446.jpg

Colin Thanks for the awhsome Idea the car was unfinished without the stripe!! Even my mom approved lol!!! So did Joshua!

Then if that wasn't enough I met a guy in town that has a 71 Camaro!!! Cool!! He happened to have the best looking wheel in the world IMO on his car. So I bought them,MINE! You can't have them!!! Bought him some summit brand wheels.
Well then I need tires:rolleyes:. He was running Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R on the back of his car. Been wishing I could get some,loved how they looked. So I bought a set:p: 28x12's on the back and 26x8's on the front!!
joshuasparksPICS444.jpg

joshuasparksPICS441.jpg

joshuasparksPICS447.jpg

Then yesturday I scored these RARE BIG TIME!! for a 2nd gen Camaro!!! And I can't beleave the shape these are in,almost look new. Maybe a 20 yr old picture.MY LUCK!
530.jpg

Oh yeah the hood pin you seen I got that from www.mustangdepot.com
Well that it I think.

Thanks for looking at our 'WARRIOR'

Just finished the thread, Awesome restoration! I always preferred the lines on the second gen camaro's. Great job!

WOW! It's been longer then I thought. Jon said if I didn't up date this thread he was going to get me banned. There has been some Major changes since I was last here. Froader came up with a really good Idea and it was going to cosh $250 so I said NO!

Well for some reason The clear coat started to peel:mad: Then I thought pin stripe:D!! So here's that!
joshuasparksPICS426.jpg

joshuasparksPICS424.jpg

I think this is the best pic I have of the pin stripe. And I told them I wanted it the color of his 2008/9 blue oval on his grill. So that's what I got!
joshuasparksPICS446.jpg

Colin Thanks for the awhsome Idea the car was unfinished without the stripe!! Even my mom approved lol!!! So did Joshua!

Then if that wasn't enough I met a guy in town that has a 71 Camaro!!! Cool!! He happened to have the best looking wheel in the world IMO on his car. So I bought them,MINE! You can't have them!!! Bought him some summit brand wheels.
Well then I need tires:rolleyes:. He was running Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R on the back of his car. Been wishing I could get some,loved how they looked. So I bought a set:p: 28x12's on the back and 26x8's on the front!!
joshuasparksPICS444.jpg

joshuasparksPICS441.jpg

joshuasparksPICS447.jpg

Then yesturday I scored these RARE BIG TIME!! for a 2nd gen Camaro!!! And I can't beleave the shape these are in,almost look new. Maybe a 20 yr old picture.MY LUCK!
530.jpg

Oh yeah the hood pin you seen I got that from www.mustangdepot.com
Well that it I think.

Thanks for looking at our 'WARRIOR'

Sweet. Your Camaro will be looking like a Baldwin Motion then :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It does look really good!

Are you going to make the pinstripe go on the rear as well?

It does look really good!

Are you going to make the pinstripe go on the rear as well?

Yes sir!! It skips the roof and and starts right after the back window.
Pictures don't really show just how much it pops on the car. So far it's been the best change that has been made so far.:thumbsup:

I just noticed I haven't posted any inside pic's!!:( so here !! Also a short video:D
joshuasparksPICS347.jpg

joshuasparksPICS345.jpg

joshuasparksPICS346.jpg

Under hood shot!
joshuasparksPICS410.jpg

joshuasparksPICS411.jpg

Had this happen also! No damage done!!
joshuasparksPICS387.jpg

joshuasparksPICS388.jpg

And a video!
th_joshuasparksPICS372.jpg

Again Thanks for looking and all the nice comments!!!:cool:

Just found this thread. Very nice Mark!!

Wow, she came out great! You guys should both be proud. Enjoy:burnout:

Very nicely done sir, here are a couple pics from the 4th of my 70 1/2,,,,,

P1000908.jpg

P1000903.jpg

P1000902.jpg

P1000901.jpg

P1000900.jpg

P1000904.jpg

P1000906.jpg

P1000905.jpg

Well after FAILING misserably tiring to install this summitt x pipe set-up This is what I ended up with. I can only wander what the neighbors thaught when we started it, then drove it!! To the shop asap! w/new video to come!
Click the pic!!
th_joshuasparksPICS546.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great! Since that one is almost finished, I found your next project. This one should keep you busy for quite some time.

Just a little rough.

d0ae58c5-f61b-4a93-bc8b-fd67b0301501.jpg

You may need to bang out a few dents and touch up the paint a bit. :D

Bob

Back