90 Bronco 2, getting 98 Ranger Cab and SOHC 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

90 Bronco 2, getting 98 Ranger Cab and SOHC 4.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, my Bronco 2 has been alot of fun, hauling me and 3 other friends on all my wheeling adventures, but since we make most of our trails by running over the trees then going back thru and cutting trails out, the body has started to get into pretty ruff, shape, also it does better with 2 people instead of 4people anyway, well, I came across a great deal on 98 Ranger Regular Cab complete truck, and I'm going to swap the cab and front clip and then build a tube bed, with all my recovery supplies mounted in bed, also plan to increase wheelbase 3inches or so with 3 or 4link rear, Friday and Saturday I unhooked everything on the Bronco Body and will get it pulled it off, You may be wondering why a 98 Ranger as more fab work maybe? well i like how 98 and up reg cab, has several ,more inches of seat room and didnt want to use an extended cab or older cab with less room, I wanted to be very comfortable.
here is list of my mods, Narrowed Dana 44 High Pinion 4.88 Gears aussie locker, 9in rear disk brakes, James duff longarms, 4.0, 5spd, atlas II 4.3-1 Low range. will get pics asap. Let me know what you all think and if you have seen where anyone else used 98 and up body??

101_2439.jpg

That is a few pics, when i was measure for shocks, just to show you how my bronco flexed which I thought was real good, now will give you some pics of current progress.

that's gonna be awesome. i've never seen a ranger on a B2 frame. i know a lot of guys put the ranger body on the full size bronco frame.

Lots of progress on disasembly has been made, bronco 2 body has been reomved and rolling chassis is back in my garage, took ranger cab off and hauled back to my house, needs set off to the side for now, Big news is just came across the right deal at great time on my SOHC desires LOL, 99 4door Explorer 160xxx miles auto bad tranny, 15 mins from us, hoping to pick it up tommorow listened to it run, noticed slight sound of the cam chains? that these engines seem to have, but Im gonna allready have it pulled and would be not to big a deal to go ahead and do new upgraded fix to the motor, not sure what all they do, chains, slidders, tensiors? i looked over wiring and i think using this motor will work out alot better, all the wiring looks alot more similar in the explorer as the 98 cab, like brain box is exact same location, i think everything can be changed, may actually use the console and everything from explorer it has tilt wheel and i has PATS so will need all the wiring to stay the same, i have hopes to also install the overhead console thingy that shows temp, directions of travel and so on. possibly headers and minor motor mods, any and all thoughts are appreciated, i removed seat belts and everything since going with cage and harnesses. I will upload some pics, and try to keep you all posted.

101_0338.jpg

My explorer i just picked up, runs good, make little rattling sounds for 1st 1-3 seconds at startup but after that cannot hear any odd noises, even in the 2000-3000 range as some describe to hear it most, at this point likley will install as is cause i know it runs, get everything working, then pull the motor and go thru it, I have been reading up on that sight and plan on doing this myself, may also see about some perforamnce mods and other things since i will have it opened up anyways.

can anyone help me and tell me why, i cant start a new thread in the parts 4sale section, says i do not have access, and i will be parting the rest of my explorer and 2 others we have.

can anyone help me and tell me why, i cant start a new thread in the parts 4sale section, says i do not have access, and i will be parting the rest of my explorer and 2 others we have.

Have you tried reading the stickies at the top of the forum?

but since we make most of our trails by running over the trees then going back thru and cutting trails out,

I hope this isn't public land. :nono:

Project looks good though! :cool:

No its private land , we have to 300 acre farms, each are about half woods, I would never make my own trails on public land, + we rarely go to any offroad parks as any good one is 2hrs + away, and we have our own land so were just making are own trails takes alotta time and work.

No its private land , we have to 300 acre farms, each are about half woods, I would never make my own trails on public land, + we rarely go to any offroad parks as any good one is 2hrs + away, and we have our own land so were just making are own trails takes alotta time and work.

I see. Nice to have some private land to do as you choose! :)

oh hell yeah!! nice rig before, after = nice!!!

yes having our own land is what keeps me planted to my little town in Missouri other wise I would move out west to Arizona most likley, but o well. Tonight, i got transfercase out, driveshafts, fuel line, rear brake line, im getting so exciting, have to get strip, as getting frame sandblasted Sunday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes having our own land is what keeps me planted to my little town in Missouri other wise I would move out west to Arizona most likley, but o well. Tonight, i got transfercase out, driveshafts, fuel line, rear brake line, im getting so exciting, have to get strip, as getting frame sandblasted Sunday.

I would stay there too if i were you. They aren't making any more land....

Back