'94 X-Ploder S.A.S. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'94 X-Ploder S.A.S.

building this cheap and with parts i have gathered. i will not be doing any serious crazy 4wheeling, but i do mud bog at certain events mostly. i run and compete in a 4 & 6 cylinder class where you cant have visible motor mods.

so far i put a 2" body lift in and i did the rear flip kit done using the stock 8.8, 31spline rear, and the center section is welded and i added a set of 4:10 gears. so with all that in the back i got 5 1/2"s of lift.

for the front we are using a d44 out of an early bronco that will be coil sprung. im going to order early bronco spring buckets and 5 1/2" lift coils, we are doing custom steering and eventually custum radius arms.

i plan to run at least 36" tires, maybe a set of swamper ssr's or iroks.

now since ill be usuaing an early bronco rear thats narrower that a full size width, tires shouldnt hang out to far right? that will be about the same as the stock 8.8 rear? or will the fronts hang out way more?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they are 66-77 bronco coils yes sir..
stiff? not to worried bout that for mud boggin. and its just another vehicle to build for advertisement for our shop... OFF ROAD CENTRAL..
www.offroadcentral.biz

Ahh, didn't know JBG made EB coils...they should work great, carry on:salute:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

NEED TIRES!!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!!

ANY SIZE REALLY... JUST NOT FOR 16.5" WHEELS, ANYTHING ELSE IS ALL GOOD!!

:eek:

got my d44 almost swapped completely to disc brakes. im ready to get this rear in :thumbsup:

look at the hoe, shes ready for attention
0224081545.jpg

finally makin some sh*t happen. i was in a bad mood earlier and i was ready to throw the towel in... i listed this thing for sale, got a bunch of emails about it... and then went outside and continued wrenching. the front end is completely out. tomorrow i must get the old suspension bracket with the rivets off the one x-member and then ill remove the old ttb spring buckets.

continue sending me ideas for radius arms. i need ideas for the overall length what size tubing wall, weld in bung sizes and heim joint sizes.

also i want my rear to be dead center in wheel well, i dont want it moved forward at all, and im using 5.5" early bronco lift coils... any1 have any imput on where to mount my new buckets?

pics from 2days progress.....

CIMG0794.jpg

CIMG0796.jpg

CIMG0798.jpg

CIMG0799.jpg

CIMG0802.jpg

CIMG0804.jpg

the rain can't hold me back today

got stuff to finish, keep helping me out with ideas and stuff guys! the 1st mud bog is may 17th

ill get some pics up, but so far i busted ass and got all the brackets off, and old spring buckets out... now im working on cleaning up the frame. :D:cool:

Hey just be careful with those jackstands .. they look to be on soft ground and in time will probably shift a little bit. Looks like the one on the driver's side is already angling out. I've had my Explorer fall off of a jackstand before and its pretty scary - fortunately nobody got hurt.

ill get some pics up, but so far i busted ass and got all the brackets off, and old spring buckets out... now im working on cleaning up the frame. :D:cool:

Eww, you busted ass? :fart: :p:

Hey just be careful with those jackstands .. they look to be on soft ground and in time will probably shift a little bit. Looks like the one on the driver's side is already angling out. I've had my Explorer fall off of a jackstand before and its pretty scary - fortunately nobody got hurt.

ahh the ground is semi hard but yea the one is tilted a tad bit in but shes damn sturdy! hopefully the week i can get to my uncles shop to get my spring buckets and get them mounted.

any idea where exactly to mount them? anyone got some pics of where they mounted theres? i want my tire to be center in the wheel well still......

Ideas to mount what?

Ideas to mount what?

where exactly to mount my new spring buckets? ill go an inch or 2 forward but not really rurther than that... where my stock springs were should i go in that same area?? and then once i hang them and attach the rear, can i just put the factory radius arm buckets to the frame where they line up??
i just need help pics and some measurements from others. also my rear is any ealry bronco rear, not full width

I don't have any measurements, but here is mine. There are a lot of different factors to consider here though.

Factors................................................................What I have
How much lift you want...........................................About 6"
what springs you're using........................................WH 5.5"
how far forward are you mounting the axle................0"
etc...

FenderTrim2.jpg

I don't have any measurements, but here is mine. There are a lot of different factors to consider here though.

Factors................................................................What I have
How much lift you want...........................................About 6"
what springs you're using........................................WH 5.5"
how far forward are you mounting the axle................0"
etc...

FenderTrim2.jpg

this does help but any pics of ur fram at radius arm mounts as well? ill be back on here in an hour, gota run to my iuncles shop to pick up my 44, spring, buckets, shock towers, new rear axle perches and so on lol.

yea if u got pics of fram and rad arms mounts ill be set!

thx

see i havent saw any pictures of anyone use the stock bronco rad arm mounts, that what im trying to find. but yea i was looking for that skyjacker style used, no luck so im tryin to use the stock bronco ones for now

hey bud which question do you still have the 33x10.5 boggers? how much tread life is left, im lookin to downgrade from my 37" boggers to 33" boggers let me kno

Back