• Register Today It's free!

AdvanceTrac and AWD error

brandip23

Reaction score
City, State
New Albany, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I have had so much trouble with my ST giving me random Service advancetrac, awd not available, hill start assist not available. It is not predictable and can happen right after starting the car or while driving it. I lost my adaptive cruise control which includes regular cruise control yesterday on a 3 hour drive! Dealership tells me nothing is wrong. This didn’t start until I replaced the tires - same size as previous ones. Help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a speed sensor malfunction. Maybe the connector is loosely attached, the cable was damaged or the sensor is failing?

There are a number of threads but here's one:

I have had so much trouble with my ST giving me random Service advancetrac, awd not available, hill start assist not available. It is not predictable and can happen right after starting the car or while driving it. I lost my adaptive cruise control which includes regular cruise control yesterday on a 3 hour drive! Dealership tells me nothing is wrong. This didn’t start until I replaced the tires - same size as previous ones. Help!!
I have a '21 platinum and have winter tires and wheels installed from Tirerack. No issues like you're experiencing.
However on page 372 of the manual in the Wheels and Tires chapter there is a section titled Tire Pressure Monitoring Reset Procedure.
Perhaps the same info is available in your ST manual and you should try this.

Try This...

Attachments

• xx.pdf
    391.6 KB · Views: 348

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It could be the sensor mentioned in the posted link. Some have also had issues with the wheel speed sensor.

Peter

I started having similiar problems with my 2020 Limited. It started right after I took it in for the recall. Now it randomly cuts off and is in hill start assist mode. Can several minutes to run again. i took it to ford and they nothing is wrong. You still having problems?

I started having similiar problems with my 2020 Limited. It started right after I took it in for the recall. Now it randomly cuts off and is in hill start assist mode. Can several minutes to run again. i took it to ford and they nothing is wrong. You still having problems?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The member you quoted said that after they replaced the speed sensors that everything was okay.

Peter

Back