Big Bear Aug 3+4 (New Thread) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear Aug 3+4 (New Thread)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That may work for me as well...but I would probably only be able to go up for the day. I'll have my front locker in by then as well. And if I am really lucky, a lift...

BTW Jeff, hows the POwertrax working for you?

--Sean

Originally posted by DesertSpive
That may work for me as well...but I would probably only be able to go up for the day. I'll have my front locker in by then as well. And if I am really lucky, a lift...
If you manage to be that lucky, you may not want to come up, 'cause I might just steal your truck. :D
BTW Jeff, hows the POwertrax working for you?

--Sean [/B]
I haven't been 4x4ing much since i did the write-up but: :bounce: :bounce: :D :cool:

They've got the latch system figured out. It uses a cam mechanism that will rotate the striker so that you can just shut the door normally and it will latch. It will open by just lifting a handle.

Attachments

• door3.jpg
    door3.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 167

Attachments

• doorlatch.jpg
    doorlatch.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 168

Attachments

• doors2.jpg
    doors2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 168

If I get my rig back I'm in for the 14-15 Sept.:p

Originally posted by Jefe
I haven't been 4x4ing much since i did the write-up but: :bounce: :bounce: :D :cool:

I got mine installed today....

--Sean

By the way I'm trying to find the time to build a web page based on the 8/3-8/4 run I'll be consitrating on the third since that was the day my wife and I went along.

And I am looking for Labor day too.I Just got 1.25" of a lift on all four corners with shackles and TT, so will be adding an add a leaf in the next week or so,the problem then becomes should I go over the 2"s on TT in the front or not, since the rear should go up to 2.75". Also we will be disconecting rear anti sway bar

Mods, Mods, Mods!

It sounds like people are gearing their Fords up for Big Bear! I'm looking forward to the 14th/15th of September - it should be a blast up there with everybody. :D

Back