Big Bear in May... | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear in May...

I'd share with you guys what I need to do to my truck, but I'd be here all night typing...

Tbars you better show so you and Ritsui can take charge if for work reasons I end up not making this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...ritsui can lead...we know what happens if someone ask me which way to go..:rolleyes:

...i was wondering if you were out with all these fires starting up already and the temps over 100 down here...at least it's dropping down in temp tomorrow...

..honestly, i am doing everything i can to get my work done for this trip...been going 7 days for a while now and i am officialy one day behind as of right now...

Like others i have a long to do list too but as always i just show up and run whata I brung :D

and of course i hope to make it back home in one piece.

although i gotta try and get the spacers in before hand my rubbing issue is driving me crazy.

As of right now I'm still here and in for Sat.

Work has definitely been getting crazy, and it doesn't help that we're suffering from staffing issues. Long story short, for the next two days we're the only engine covering the mtn. top district, which is everything on the mountain above 3000 ft...:eek:

...holy crop...:eek:...fingers crossed for ya...:D

where and what time?

Where is the meeting spot and what time on Sat. for Big a Bear?

...i was wondering if you were out with all these fires starting up already and the temps over 100 down here...at least it's dropping down in temp tomorrow...
Well it was a little cooler today, but it didn't stop this. Thankfully we caught it at a 1/4 acre, but some of the trees had scorch marks 20 ft up. It's going to be a loooooong fire season.

?????

Where is this joint please?

So what trails are we riding and what time do you think we will be back. Will we be back before 5pm, because the gates at the discovery center close at 5pm. Also who am i going to ride with??

Thanks.
Looking forward to it.

The Discovery Center is a little over a mile west from Stanfield Cutoff.
Here is a picture. Hope that helps you all:thumbsup:
frm00072.jpg

Where is this joint please?
The Discovery Center is on the North Shore of Big Bear lake on HWY 38 about 1 mile west of the Stanfield cuttoff.
34° 15.800'N
116° 54.320'W

Google Maps

So what trails are we riding and what time do you think we will be back. Also who am i going to ride with??
I think everyone has at least one seat available. I've got space for whoever wants to ride along. Just bring some music so we can test my new subwoofer :thumbsup:.

Which trails we run may vary depending on conditions and potential closures, but I'd say at least part of White Mountain, part of John Bull and Gold Mountain or Jacoby canyon. I wouldn't want to hold us to a specific timeline, since you never know what'll happen on the trails, but we usually want to be done in time for dinner.

Well i am officially in +1 now. If my explorer isn't prepared i'll be riding along with Robert and Jim. :D I am so looking forward to this, and i think my roommate might even be more excited than me.

Thanks guys for helping out...:)

CJ, I can't give an exact return time, because there just will be to many variables throughout the day. I can tell you that they will not lock your truck inside the Disco center if we return after 5, and if for some silly reason they do I have a key to the gate. If it'll make you more comfortable then pm me another place you feel safe leaving you truck, and I'll pick you up from there...:thumbsup:

Weather calling for sunshine, and 61*:cool:

i can already see it. everytime we cross paths with another group... "what are those, explorers? people will off-road anything won't they"

Ain't that the truth! On more than one occasion I've had people on the trail in built j**ps look at my little Ex and then ask me if I knew where I was going...:p:

hahaha! another good one is when you come out of a trail and there's a group there and they ask "you made it through there?" ummmm yup, i sure as heck did.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i am officially in +1 now. If my explorer isn't prepared i'll be riding along with Robert and Jim. :D I am so looking forward to this, and i think my roommate might even be more excited than me.
I really hope that you're able to get it ready, since this will be a good trip to test all the new work.

I was just looking through the pics from some of the past trips, and now I'm all fired up...:D...one more cup of coffee, then out to start working on the truck.
Here's another teaser (Gold mtn. '03?)

Attachments

• g-mtn2.jpg
    g-mtn2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 136

Back