Cage Building Party Part Deux??? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cage Building Party Part Deux???

You got another ranger exploderpilot? Or that gold one isn't ready to race down the washes again? :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

whats the date for this? i will be getting back from korea about mid summer and will be up in lewis, I could go for a cage, or at least supply some hands in building.

...no date set yet...it's looking like we need to get a couple of the main guys from last years party to help with the knowledge and main tools...;)

well, I got a little know and some tools :) but i dont have the one ones we need besides a chop saw. Is it possible to rent an airpowered bender and the right dies?

I think we should hold it at the same place as the last one.

whats the date for this? i will be getting back from korea about mid summer and will be up in lewis, I could go for a cage, or at least supply some hands in building.

Ft lewis as in the one in Washington? You know that is like a two day drive from the area this would be happening. It would be cool to meet you if you do make it out.

Ft lewis as in the one in Washington? You know that is like a two day drive from the area this would be happening. It would be cool to meet you if you do make it out.

yea i know but think about it, power tools, steel, 4 wheel drive trucks, building something cool. How far would you drive.

....^^^exactly...:D....so this might turn into 2 different events....one weekend helping rockranger get his truck together and garage sale, and another weekend, a cage building party....and if all possible we would like to set it up so we could meet you too zhanx...:salute:

im in for a helping hand and to watch and learn, but im out for the roll cage. can somebody say 1-3/4 4130 to the frame? :D but if the rockranger honeymoon helpout is serious, im down for that :thumbsup:

the gold ranger is always ready! but I got the little blue one in my backyard working, all i need is the regulator unit for the back of the alternator. I do want to come to the cage building party with my 03 though, I have an idea about a camper shell tube frame. I wanna build a canvas cover over tubing.

I did breefly talk to Jefe about this, and he is aware of this thread...and probally reading this;) (Hi Jefe:wavey:) From what I got, he was willing to come and help out and bring the bender, he just dosn't want to get stuck doing all the work. I think it would be great knowlage for us all to learn to do this, and take shifts. The hardest part is by far is all the math, and getting the bends in the right spots. you have to think of everything in a 3D world.

Well, I have solidworks if that helps...

If its held at RockRangers, I would be happy to come up and help. That's only about 20 minutes away.

3 weeks until my spring break. Any takers? :dunno:

Naw, i'm kidding, i know it won't happen. :(

I really wanna make a tube and canvas top for the ranger. I will bring whatever I can to help out, and add labor to the pool. I can bring a JD2 bender. just need something to anchor it to. All I really need is 8 total bends on 3 pieces of tube, so mine will be quick!

If it works in to my schedule - I'll come out and help again

(maybe I'll grab Jefe's bender out of my garage - and then go grab Jefe!)

for the "in" and "maybe" list on page one, just put me in the "i'll be there without my car, just to help out and get in the way"

has anyone talked to gijoe about this? he's an oc guy needing a cage

I haven't seen him on here in a while. I think I lost his phone number, I'll see if I can find it.

...as for me, the mojave run in march will deplete my capital but when i get back it looks like i am already going to be busy with work...:thumbsup:
...maybe this wil turn into 2 events...first at rockrangers to help him get done with his list, and maybe before pismo we can do the cage building at zuks...:dunno:
...even if i can't afford to get it done, count me and my tools in...it will be about 6 weeks before i can afford the cage now...:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back