Cage Building Party Part Deux??? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cage Building Party Part Deux???

...3-12 packs??? tell him i've got 3 cases with his name on it...:D

...and i'll match it for rockranger and his notcher...;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The notcher we used belonged to jefe. I did pick up the harbor fright one though so I could finish notching mine.

no welding! Welding probally took at least another weekend plus, on each truck. We all welded our own cages,

Awww if i have to weld my own cage I am in trouble !:eek:

Off the top of my head.. you need ... a bender

Hows your coming along? ready to send it out west? :p: :D

Hows your coming along? ready to send it out west? :p: :D
Not yet -- die wont be here till next week (at the earliest). Ordered my plane-of-bend bracket from CaptainFab (OFN) yesterdssaaay.

The notcher we used belonged to jefe. I did pick up the harbor fright one though so I could finish notching mine.
Hey RockRanger -- I've been looking for a notcher and obviously the HF notcher is a cheap solution. But some people think its the plague while others say it does just fine. Soo.. how has yours held up?

Works great covering the corner of my workbench. I haven't used it yet. I have used DB1's notcher and Jefe's notchers though. I am not sure what brand they had. I think they were jd2 and protools ones though. Theirs seemed to be of higher quality. However for $40 vs a few hundred I can put up with it. When I get around to installing my cage I will let you know how I like it.

Got it -- thanks RockRanger!

Works great covering the corner of my workbench. I haven't used it yet. I have used DB1's notcher and Jefe's notchers though. I am not sure what brand they had. I think they were jd2 and protools ones though. Theirs seemed to be of higher quality. However for $40 vs a few hundred I can put up with it. When I get around to installing my cage I will let you know how I like it. and my front shocks

:p:

Works great covering the corner of my workbench. I haven't used it yet. I have used DB1's notcher and Jefe's notchers though. I am not sure what brand they had. I think they were jd2 and protools ones though. Theirs seemed to be of higher quality. However for $40 vs a few hundred I can put up with it. When I get around to installing my cage I will let you know how I like it.and my front shocks, and my rear locker
:D

So...? Is this gonna be a go some time soon or not?

Or should I just order up my cage from Jegs.com?

Don't forget the winch that is mounted but still needs the control box hooked up and the wire rope put on the drum. Then there is also the fan clutch sitting on the workbench right next to off road lights to mount on the front bumper. Also the bent rear diff cover that has been leaking for almost two years now. Its been at least a year sense sense the last oil change so I probably should do that as well. I also need to swap out my busted air box for the good one I have as well. Maybe instead of a cage party we can have a maintenance on my truck party.

Too bad I might be by LAX working. The sad part is I have just about everything I need to do it except the time lately. I just need to patch some drywall in the garage and I will be ready to start working on the truck. The house is pretty much done for now.

nah you will not have time, cause your getting married, and then you'll go on your honeymoon...:p:

I say when Matt is on is honeymoon we go fix his truck...What do you say Colin? Maybe we'll through a coat of paint on too!:D Just think no more rusty hood! Wait....I guess you would have to have one on first!:p:

The hood is on. but before it could get painted you would have to pull all the crap off the hood that is stored on it right now. Then there is the stuff stacked behind it that would have to be moved so you can back it out of the garage.

I got a winch now! :p:

I have some bending experience. I used to work at a place bending steel pipe making green houses in oregon. I had to bend a lot of it by hand in a jig on a table :eek::confused:;) it gave me a lot of exersize hehe.

...Maybe instead of a cage party we can have a maintenance on my truck party.

I'm down for that. I still need to swap master cylinders and bypass the RABS module and do an oil change. And the Super Duty needs some maintenance work done on it too.

im 100% in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can come help, my new little ranger isn't ready yet...

Back