COLORADO EXPLORER CLUB? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

COLORADO EXPLORER CLUB?

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey all Coloradans is there a Colorado Explorer club?
If not I think there should be one. I would really be intested on joining one. Any one else? how hard is it to start a club? What is involved?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its an unofficial club, but a club nonetheless :).

Like Matt said we have an unofficial one. Someone decides they want to do a run they post and whoever wants to go goes. Same with a BBQ or just a get together.

When we used to show the van people tried getting me to join there clubs, but then they would bad mouth the others so I learned I don't join a club that way I can run with whoever I want.

Besides most clubs have meetings which are hard for people to go to since we spread out from Ft. Collins to Trinidad.
This is my opinion only

I agree with Perry the few clubs I have seen usually are not all that club like. I would much prefer to run solo. :) Plus then you would have to pay dues to be friends with a bunch of people and wheel with them. Don't make sense.

Joe,

As I've mentioned before, there are only a few of us south of Littleton, but I'm almost always willing to go run a trail. If you want to do something local, you can e-mail me through the site. If there's something bigger you have your eye on, just post a treat and watch the Colorado Contingent come running! I live down south by Cheyenne Canyon, so for most trails close to the Springs, my house is a good jump point. Just let me know.

Speaking of which, some Sunday afternoon, I want to run up Mount Baldy. It looks like an easy trip, but I haven't done it yet.

That all makes sense to me. i have never been in a club so I would not have a clue about how they are. I was just currious. Darkman where is MT. Baldy? I would love to have another X to wheel with. I would like to try trail 318 off off MT. Herman, heard its fun and sorta easy. There are some other modified X's in the Springs that I would like to talk to but always see them when I'm bussy.

Originally posted by Perry
Besides most clubs have meetings which are hard for people to go to since we spread out from Ft. Collins to Trinidad.
This is my opinion only

Hey thanks for remembering me even though I haven't been around much, but soon I will be back!

Mt. Baldy runs up behind the broadmoor. Sometimes you can see a mountain behind Cheyenne Mt. that's just above tree-line. That's Baldy. It's in the CO 4-wheel drive trail book #1.

There's white X that lives somewhere near me with a 5.5" lift. I gave the WOMAN driving it the web address, but I don't know if she ever came by.

Marshall. No problem, man. I understand.

But wouldn't it be cool to have a shirt , and a sticker on the X that say's COLORADO XPLORER CLUB , and maybe some little saying in " " under that ???? I think so . I don't know why a club would have to require do's and meetings . Everyone already talks here . And like you say someone posts a gathering , you show up when you can , and hate it when you can't !

Yeah, if we started a club, I vote for: "Jeep - You're right, I don't understand..." and then "Colorado Explorer Club" underneath! :D

Joe93 - if it's the trail I'm thinking of, Jen and I ran 318 off Mt. Herman (I LOVE that trail!). It wasn't very difficult but a lot of fun! Lots of moguls and a few water crossings...

One problem with an "organized club" is that places like Moab will start charging us for use. (You can check with GJerrett on that, but I'm pretty sure.)

However, I DO have the web address on the brow of my windshield, and there's nothing stopping us from having a sign shop cut some cooler window stickers. I used to do custom pin stripes way back when and I was always at the sign shop getting something cut. I've actually thought about doing it before, something more meaningful that the www or Serious Explorations. I think if we avoid using "club" we can still get away with it.

How about "Mile High Explorer's"

Somebody has a signature that cracks me up every time... "Jeep, it's what's for dinner."

Just a thought. Any more suggestions?

Back