CoryL '91 4 Door Getting some Goodies!!! Complete off-road performance modifications. | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CoryL '91 4 Door Getting some Goodies!!! Complete off-road performance modifications.

94 4 Door SAS and More - CoryL

My new winter project.

I'm starting with a 94 4 Door with a 4.0. It had a D35 and 8.8" (obviously), A4LD, and a 1354.

The only thing in there that is staying is the motor. :cool:

The tranny is going to be a C5 followed up by a 4.3:1 Atlas 2.

The suspension is going to change too. Out with the TTB and in with a solid axle.

HP D60 front and a full floating D60 rear. Both have 5.13s and Detroits in them.

I am going to see how much lift the stock leaf springs give me with a SOA setup.

Up front will reside a 5 link setup with S-A-W coilovers.

Going to hack most of the front fenders away, relocate anything on the inner fenders and remove the inner fenders. Going to hack quite a bit in the rear, probably remove the seats and put the larger rear seat in the middle and use some drag race tubs to cover the hole I will leave.

It will be rolling on 38x14.5x16.5 TSL SXs mounted on Hummer Beadlocks (If my line on them stays open).

Look for pics to come soon as I get the Sploder in my garage this Friday!!!

My current wheeling rig has to go though. 87 Bronco II. Its listed in the For Sale Section!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by studdedx
Any word yet on prices or other modifications you've done???

I was looking at your mock-up you made and thought I'd ask if you could add a cross member in the middle for more strength. Just a thought. Let us know as soon as you can. I'm running Holy Cross in July and I'd like to have a set before then.

Or you can just e-mail me and we can talk.

my e-mail

I plan on adding an additional brace in the middle. I just haven't gotten that far. It was raining tonight and I didn't get a chance to finish the doors.

I WILL finish them tomorrow night with pics and a definate price. :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Cory - they look good and very professional!

Originally posted by zensius
For everyone else who'd like to get a discount...my local 4wheel parts in Oakland, CA has a thing where you pay $50 for a lifetime membership. From then on everything is 10% off. They even have special sales for members where you can WIN an additional discount. They probably do this at all of the brick and mortar stores.

You can buy that membership online as well
Dead Link Removed

I love how it says "for only 50 dollars" and then the price is 52.95 and How they have a Suggested Retail Price for this thing. I wonder how they came up with that.

Tube Doors....COMPLETE!

doors8.jpg

The rest of them can be seen at the following link:

Tube Door Page

They will cost $150 for the pair unpainted and without mirrors or mirror brackets.

I don't want to use this space here for selling them, so please email me. There is information I need to know about your doors before I can make them for you.

I will be doing a batch of five pairs soon, so the first five people that email me with definates get them.

CoryL@InsightBB.com

Rick, check your PMs regarding this.

Cory those look good. Like them better than some I have seen in magazines. I am sure you will find some satisfied customers.

Cory,

Just an FYI.
I think that the Doors for a Sport are Longer then the doors for a 4-door. So if you are making these, you could have 4 different length doors for each side of an explorer.

91-94 Sports
91-94 4-Doors
95-2001 Sports
95-2001 4-Doors

To Verify this, I would get people to give you a measure of the Door Skins and see what they all measure to.....

You got mail Cory!!!:D

Hopefully I beat everyone else!!! I want a pair!!!

Cory, do you (or anyone else) know if they will fit my Ranger? It's a 93 regular cab.

Also, most people will have their front fenders on, unlike your beast. Will the doors swing out and whack the fender lip?

Originally posted by RangerX
Cory, do you (or anyone else) know if they will fit my Ranger? It's a 93 regular cab.

Also, most people will have their front fenders on, unlike your beast. Will the doors swing out and whack the fender lip?

I can make them to fit anything. I got a buddy with a 93 Ranger so I could measure off of his.

These shouldn't hit the fenders at all. In fact, there should be more room between them than stock.

Need to stop by on your way home Saturday:p

So does anyone know how long it takes to take the normal doors off and how hard it is? I mean, will you be able to flip the doors back and forth if you want to? Thanks for the info.

if i see that thing coming my way.....im running for cover as fast as i can!!!.........looks insane!:eek:

just to let you guys know on that 4 wheel parts discount thing. I called up the CA store which I ordered from online and talked to Brian and he gave me a $100 credit plus 10 % off the order I placed with him now. I dont know if they are going to do that with everyone but I was happy to get that credit. I would have been just slightly more than mad if I blew all that $$. Your rig is looking awesome man
Gary

HAs anyone been able to get a discount buying online at 4 wheel parts?

Hey Cory, I put the tube doors on this past weekend.:) I ran into a few problems though. There too long. I had to shave the back door lip to get the tube door shut. And with the tube doors on and shut, you can not open the rear doors. Also the hinges you used to shut them and keep them shut, there about a quarter inch to high. Not much I know but that was even with using shims on them also. I just broke them off and rewelded them. Its all good though!! Still worth the money and effort. I'll have pics up as soon as I can get them developed.(kinda hard when I'm on swing shift):)

Email coming your way.

I don't like problems like that with my work!!

Asked for your addy in the email so I can send you some money back for the problems.

Cory

Cory.

My '97 is available for you to measure out parts for anytime in the evenings and most weekends. I sent you an email the other day, but it came back to me.

I'm out by Bernheim Forest, so you're only about 25 or 30 minutes away.

Back