Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..This is a fun day run which can easily be made in one long day or into two days with more trail exploring and camping either way for all moderate to skilled vehicles and drivers..

..April was picked as this is going from a high desert at the bottom up to a pine forest with the hopes that it won't be so hot at the bottom or to cold at the top..

..This is up above Phoenix toward Flagstaff Arizona and for those who have wheeled in So Cal, this is kinda like driving up from Johnson Valley to Big Bear with a 34 mile climb with a bit of Black Bear Rd. (of Colorado) mixed in but going up the other way with some obstacles..:biggthump

..I'm pretty sure Rick and Maniak would like to join in on this run again but I'll wait for them to chime in and hopefully add some links and pictures..:)

..When looking this up on a Google search you will probably see Gerald's (GJarrett) truck as one of the first shown images..:D

gerald_climb2.jpg

..This is not a difficult run but it does claim carnage to several vehicles..This is one of those trails that if you underestimate it, it will bite you just hard enough to remind you why it is one of the most famous offroad trails in all of Arizona..

I myself snapped a front axle shaft in my Ranger and had to be dragged up a couple obstacles by Dannyboy one year..:(

..Any takers?..:popcorn:

Tbars
Kevlar7R

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in! Love that trail.

I started a list on you are on it..:biggthump

...Just me and Kevlar7R..?

..It should be thawed out by then..:popcorn:

..And there are turnouts to miss the harder stuff too..;)

We dont need to wait till April. I'll do that run whenever. We like to stay at the saloon sometimes when we get up there.

Back