D44/9" Swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

D44/9" Swap

I got my donor vehicle home yesterday, It is a 78 f-150 with a 4" lift
I am going to the leave the axles full width. Intially I plan on putting a detroit locker in the 9 with yukon 4.56 gears and the 44 is getting a yukon 4.56's, ARB locker.
The Radius arm brackets from the f-150 will be bolted to explorers frame.
I would like to box and extend the radius arms with a heim joints

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ahhhhhh the weather. Friggin snowed for 7 days last week, then cleared up and was 60, then it snowed again yesterday, now we're back to 60.
Love Colorado.

More snow = more $$$ for propane so I can finish my conversion :)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

jrgaylor said:
That woud be a long drive for you, Once the time changes I just need a couple of nice evening after works like we were having a couple weeks ago, and I'll have er dun

Not too bad. I have to drive to Olympia once a week anyway, Tis not that much further. Besides your saying that to someone who puts over 10,000 miles on his truck through just the summer :D

Subscribed.

I'll put your package in the mail tomorrow ;)

Albino 94LTD said:
Subscribed.

I'll put your package in the mail tomorrow ;)

;)

Dreamr-what days and what time are your in Olympia, once I get started maybe you could swing by.

I got the 44 out of the truck tonight and I am not suppose to have to work this saturday so I should be able to get the 44 and 9" torn apart to prep for new gears etc..
I found the long side of the 44 to have some loose plug welds
9883IM001027.jpg

410- If you still want those shock towers I got them off

Attachments

• IM001020.JPG
    IM001020.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 381
  • IM001026.JPG
    IM001026.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 383
  • IM001025.JPG
    IM001025.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 374

you using the Explorer to hold up the truck??? :eek:

Should look good when you get it all done, what size tires you gunna run?

jrgaylor said:
At first I will run the 33's that I have now since they are almost new,unless I come across someone who wants to give me $500 for them, but the future holds 36-38 swamper iroks. A friend on mine has some 39.5 Iroks on his 4runner and I have been impressed with them.
There you go Caleb. ;)

XplorerKid said:
you using the Explorer to hold up the truck??? :eek:

GO WARN!

Are you going to use the trac bar mount? I have the same one but think it'll get ripped off unless it's beefed up a crap load.

I am intending to use the trac bar mount, I will have to wait till I start building the coil bucket spacers to know for sure.

Just to let you know. From what iv'e found out if you used a set of 70-73 f150 buckets they stick out far enough to mount the springs well. I had a brain fart, this is a 79 axle? that info is good for the 78-79

I edited the title because a deal has been reached on the doubler and should be finalized early next week.

who are you going to have make your doubler? this truck is going to be so sick i can see it already. nice work.

I was going to install a T & M doubler but it has been sold, passed on to another forum member.

jrgaylor said:
I edited the title because a deal has been reached on the doubler and should be finalized early next week.
The title still reads "...and doubler install". I'll fix it if you want. :)

RangerX said:
The title still reads "...and doubler install". I'll fix it if you want. :)

Please do, I guess I didn't get it all :D

Who'd you sell the doubler to???

Back