-Deathrow Update Log- | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

-Deathrow Update Log-

Dang, nice trade!! Hey now, 6+" of lift on any vehicle is great, the bigger the better!! If I could've done that with this truck, I would! lol
But I do agree, sometimes a lift becomes too much especially for a daily driver, not sure I'd nab an excursion, I want to keep my gas mileage the same or better on a new vehicle lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang, nice trade!! Hey now, 6+" of lift on any vehicle is great, the bigger the better!! If I could've done that with this truck, I would! lol
But I do agree, sometimes a lift becomes too much especially for a daily driver, not sure I'd nab an excursion, I want to keep my gas mileage the same or better on a new vehicle lol
the only way to go is up ;) no hate to the lowered guys, just my opinion! them 7.3s get decent mileage for size i hear... :)

the only way to go is up ;) no hate to the lowered guys, just my opinion! them 7.3s get decent mileage for size i hear... :)
To each their own, some lowered vehicles can look nice too, just not what I'd own, I'm a truck guy all the way lol

To each their own, some lowered vehicles can look nice too, just not what I'd own, I'm a truck guy all the way lol
yep! love trucks! although sometimes having a lower bed height may be nice 🤣

yep! love trucks! although sometimes having a lower bed height may be nice 🤣
Fair enough! Hard to throw pallets in a bed thats 5ft off the ground!! 😂

Fair enough! Hard to throw pallets in a bed thats 5ft off the ground!! 😂
yep! or bricks, or bags of soil! 🤣 but then i'd bedragging my bumper everywhere, which is what i set out to prevent by lifting🤣double edged sword!

yep! or bricks, or bags of soil! 🤣 but then i'd bedragging my bumper everywhere, which is what i set out to prevent by lifting🤣double edged sword!
Definitely, but I know which side I'll cut myself on!! 😂

Jeez, I know theres a bunch more I can't find from in person orders and such, but all the online stuff adds up to about $6.3k, not including the truck costing $2k to begin with. I've definitely put more in, but I usually went into a shop to ask about those, don't have the receipts. This truck aint my life at all 😂

Mmmm, thank you tensioner for leaking, adds some smokey flavoring to the truck I suppose

Attachments

• 20220430_223010.mp4
    6 MB

hard woo... err... metal smoked!!! mmm now for some patties ;)

If it does turn out to be chains, having some more family and a shop check her out tomorrow, how long ya think I can go? By keeping easy on the gas, pumping the gas before cranking for a nicer start, etc..

If it does turn out to be chains, having some more family and a shop check her out tomorrow, how long ya think I can go? By keeping easy on the gas, pumping the gas before cranking for a nicer start, etc..
i ran mine w the front chain at least for about 1-2k, ive heard people pushing it much further before (someone said 15 i thought... i forget) and ive pushed with this undiagnosed but leads me to believe rear chain with the little digging ive done for a few thousand so far

i ran mine w the front chain at least for about 1-2k, ive heard people pushing it much further before (someone said 15 i thought... i forget) and ive pushed with this undiagnosed but leads me to believe rear chain with the little digging ive done for a few thousand so far
Good to know, probably got at least a little bit, thanks.

Drive it easy, be light on the gas pedal to avoid rpm's. Be sure it has full oil, full synthetic, and start to collect the many needed parts, and the special tool kit.

Drive it easy, be light on the gas pedal to avoid rpm's. Be sure it has full oil, full synthetic, and start to collect the many needed parts, and the special tool kit.
usually what ive noticed is usually the chain lets go when you let off the throttle, as there is now slack, and if its not "tensioned" sufficiently it can jump and the rest is history

also, not too sure on this one, but motorkote may be nice? not 100% sure, but according to what ive seen it reduces wear, so maybe it wont sotp timing from jumping, but i tmight prevent wear to the chain and the metal leaves

As said, not sure I'll go through with that fix, if its going to cost as much as getting another vehicle, may take that route for the sake of my mental state.

I've been trying to stay easy on it, yeah, driving less as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The parts should still be near $500 for Ford parts, the tool kit at least $150. The labor is a good day for a decent mechanic.

The SOHC needs excellent oil all the time, no dirty or cheap stuff, debris or sludge will mess with the tensioners fast. Keep the rpm's down, don't run it WOT through any gear to 5500rpm etc.

The higher costs of used vehicles make the repair an even better idea. Now it may be okay to buy a SOHC and perform the repair, just to sell the truck and make money. The 302 trucks are still the best bargain, but those you should plan to spend time doing the water pump, and have one or more bolts break. Thus that WP job is a big deal, so do that with time set aside for the bolt issue.

Back