• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Dman726749's Explorer

Well this is my truck so far. Its a 1996 XLT with aprox 160,000+ miles and still running strong.

Drive-train
flex-alite tranny cooler
Borg Warner 1354 manual shift transfercase - best mod yet, you dont realize how much your 4405 case slips until you use 4wd with this case.:D
3:73 gears and worn out l/s

Liftage.
-War 153 shackles
-2" tt
-3" Body Lift
-Custom rear sway bar discos
-33x12.5 Pro Comp X-Terrains on stock deer hoof rims.

Exterior
-Yakima load warrior basket
-(2) Pro Comp 55w lights (on basket)
-(2) Pro Comp 100w lights (on basket)
-(2) Revers lights on back of basket
-Frame Mounted Pro Comp tow hooks
-Putnam Hitch Class 3 reciever
-Removed Lower front air dam
-Removed Rocker Panels (Thanks Badlands :D )
-Custom Snorkel Install thread here

Interior
-Glow Gauges
-Neoprene seat covers
-Panasonic headunit
-Switch panel for lights
-Autometer f150 gauge pod
-Autometer tranny temp gauge
-Radio Shack Cb

Future Mods
-33-35" M/T's
-Rear powertrax no-slip
- Rock Sliders

Pics
10th_aniv_003.jpg

18333badlands-041.jpg

snk25.JPG

Interior stuff

Neoprene Seat covers from ebay.
18333explorer-001-med.jpg

Headunit and Switches
x_006.jpg

This switch engages the front vacume hubs, I put it right where the old 4wd switch was.
random-010.jpg

New white face gauges, dont have any of them glowing at night yet, but maybe soon, as well as the tranny temp gauge in the f-150 gauge pod
x_003.jpg

Switch to chage them between blue and green is under the steering wheel on the collumn..kinda hard to see. but its there.
x_005.jpg

Cb radio..installed where the ash tray once was and the transfer case shifter
random-011.jpg

More Wheeling Pics
18333stuck4_bmp-med.jpg

18333me-stuck-med.jpg

18333badlands-041.jpg

18333badlands-040.jpg

18333badlands-086.jpg

18333badlands-087.jpg

Thanks for takin a look :D :cool:
My EF Photo gallery
http://www.explorerforum.com/data/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=18333

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

dman726749

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
Undated....last weekend I swaped in a 1354m....best mod ever. I didnt realize how much my transfer case was slipping. Jefe had mentioned it last year when he was riding in my truck at the badlands, but i never knew any diffrent....totally new world now. I also had to put a switch to engage the vaccume hubs....jdraper has a great write up for this....

Arnie897

y=mx+b
Reaction score
City, State
Battle Creek, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Dodge Powerwagon
Does the shifter for the 1354 come up through that plate under the carpet or did you have to enlarge the hole?