Do you wear a seatbelt? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Do you wear a seatbelt?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 398 81.1%
  • No, never

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Depends (please post what it depends on)

Votes: 64 13.0%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've watched that video over and over, but have never seen the out facing cam. A rollover? What a lucky guy! Stupid, but hey... everyone's caught a beer mid-drop before, right? Wonder if he wears a belt now.

If im not at work yes i wear a seatbelt. If i am at work no i dont. Trying to pull duty gear off the belt with a seat belt on = difficult to impossible

Depends..

On the highway and around town, yes. I never know if some idiot will try and run into me. Out in the middle of no-where and off-road, I only wear one if I'm at odd driving angles that could cause a roll over.

I always wear mine, I survived a roll over in a super duty thanks to my seat belt :roll: plus, it's the law here in Illinois.

seatbelt....damn skippy I do.

I wear mine mostly because of the alert sound when you don't wear it, I hate to hear the sound over and over :D... I didn't wear it on my previous car...

I almost always wear mine. I had a 98 F-150 that I wrecked a little over a year ago. I went sliding into a tree sideways at 50 mph. The front bumper caught the tree and stopped my truck dead and turned it 180 degrees on the spot. Everything in the truck went flying including the hat on my head. My seatbelt held me in my seat and I was able to walk away with just a sore neck. I try not to think what may have happened if I wasn't wearing it.

It depends. If I can, I usually always wear one. Sometimes we'll have four to a bench seat, though, or I'm in the back of a truck... In that case, I physically can't. I feel exposed without my seat belt on.

The 1994 Explorer XLT 4WD doesn't move without being buckled first.

I always do. I have been in 3 accidents, the last one I am pretty sure my belt saved me, I was hit on the passenger front sidepanel which spun me, then the guy behind me ran into me and rolled me.

That being said, I have had 2 buddies die from seatbelts, one the belt snapped his neck, and the other it wrapped around his neck and that was that.

The only seatbelt ticket I have ever received was sitting outside a pizza shop waiting for my pizza, running the ac listening to music (with the door cracked open no less.) A cop walked up to me and wrote me a ticket because the truck was on... Did I ever tell anyone how much I love cali?!?!

Last edited:

Always gotta put it on, never been in an accident but been close enough to scare me!

Here in the Nanny State of Louisiana. You MUST have one on at all times, BUT it's okay for your kids 12+ to ride in the back of your pickup truck uncovered @ 60MPH on the interstate. Go Figure.

Ron Paul said it best on Leno the other night. "I believe in seat belts but I do not want our government involved in the issue"

Had my drivers license for 31 years now and hardly ever wear one. Yes it Texas it is the law but then there are lots of laws that I think are stupid. Back when I had my Mustang convertible I wore the seat belt then but not in my Explorer. The wife has a new Grand Caravan and it has the seat belt reminder that will not go off so I wear one when I'm driving it. My thoughts are it's none of the governments damn business if I wear a seat belt.

Raced a few cars in my life and times, so wearing a seatbelt has become second nature to me for years. Though early on (my teen years, street racing) not wearing a seatbelt saved my life. I flipped a 67' SS, it landed on the front part of the roof, crushed it down into the front seat, steering wheel area. I was thrown into the back seat and suffered not even a scratch. If I had been strapped in, ouch! Cut out street racing from my life, started racing on a track and been in seatbelts ever since.

BTW, Ron Paul said it best on Leno the other night. "I believe in seat belts but I do not want our government involved in the issue" I like that.

Regardless of whether it was the law or not ... always wear it. Always.

Had my drivers license for 31 years now and hardly ever wear one. Yes it Texas it is the law but then there are lots of laws that I think are stupid. Back when I had my Mustang convertible I wore the seat belt then but not in my Explorer. The wife has a new Grand Caravan and it has the seat belt reminder that will not go off so I wear one when I'm driving it. My thoughts are it's none of the governments damn business if I wear a seat belt.

I agree with your right to be able to wear one or not. However, I think that if it isn't mandatory to wear seatbelts, then insurance companies should be able to have higher rates for those that indicate that they won't wear one when they sign up for a policy. That way I'm not paying out my money to cover the greater medical costs that are incurred by someone that doesn't wear them when they are in an accident.

If I get injured while offroading and my insurance pays for medical expenses, undoubtedly someone who doesn't like fourwheeling will be contributing to my medical payments. They'll certainly argue that they shouldn't have to pay for my risky behavior, while I argue that I shouldn't have to pay for their son's broken arm since I don't like football.

:confused:

I had a wreck this summer and totaled my Mountaineer. I would have been severely injured, or dead, if I wasn't buckled in and had a steering wheel mounted air bag. Anyone that doesn't use a seat belt by choice is dancing with the Devil, IMO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree with your right to be able to wear one or not. However, I think that if it isn't mandatory to wear seatbelts, then insurance companies should be able to have higher rates for those that indicate that they won't wear one when they sign up for a policy. That way I'm not paying out my money to cover the greater medical costs that are incurred by someone that doesn't wear them when they are in an accident.

Well considering the fact that I have insurance that I pay for and have never been injured in any of the accidents I have been involved in don't worry about having to spend any of you money for my insurance. That is unless you are the one that hits me and then seat belt or not I intend to collect as much as I can.

Back